Opinion wanted A rare morning mist shot from near Trentham Falls, Victoria, Australia

• Thread starter Chavezshutter
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
Camera type
Mirrorless camera
EXIF
Sony A7riii, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 lens, ISO 500, f/6.3, 1/500 sec at 26mm
Hello,

This photo was taken just meters away from a beautiful waterfall carpark. The main goal of this photo run was to photograph an amazing waterfall location northwest of Melbourne. It was an early session and on the way to this location we were lucky to get mist/fog along route to the location. I asked my brother to stop the car so I could shoot this photo. Fog and mist are not a common sight in Victoria specially at summertime so I grabbed my brother's fairly new a7r3 and his new Sigma 24-70mm lens(amazing lens) and shot this photo. I have tried every Lightroom preset I have and it looks good in every single one 🤷‍♂️, one day I will edit it properly to show off those glorious sunrays but in the meantime I'm very happy with the results, hope you like it :D

_DSC6918.jpg

L

Leraymurat

Feb 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Beautiful atmosphere highlighted by the transparency of the vegetation! Cheer

A

A_cat_typingg

Mar 9, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice autumnal colours and god rays are always a win with compositions. Possibly too heavy on the foreground vegetation, and the wire fencing is a little distracting from the main subject which is of course the tree with the sun shining through the branches. Im seeing some soft focusing on the branches in the top left hand foreground - maybe a deeper DoF may have helped that? Im not sure whether the tree in the left foreground creates a nice framing, or creates a lop-sided framing, being quite a bold element in an otherwise nicely hazy image.