• Thread starter NataliaFlejszarPhoto
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Critique wanted 

Amazing late autumn evening over Valkiasjärvi lake in Oulu, Finland.

• Thread starter NataliaFlejszarPhoto
  • Start date
Camera type
Mirrorless camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
Amazing late autumn evening over Valkiasjärvi lake in Oulu.

Finland is called a land of thousands of lakes, and in the country, lakes are almost everywhere. We have in the city of Oulu 4 lakes also, water is really everywhere here as we have also one of the biggest and longest rivers in Finland running through the city, where is ending a beautiful river delta falls to Bothnia Bay, part of the Baltic Sea. In the city, we can find also a few natural swamp ponds...

I take the picture during a bicycle trip with my boyfriend at end of September. The place is very beautiful! there are two big lakes and a swamp pond in the same place located around an old Taiga forest. The place is just 8 km from the city of Oulu with great bicycle trails.

I love the late evening blue moments when daylight starts to give a place for the night.

Here are two pictures were taken this evening, both pictures were taken in Manual focus and handheld

the firs picture:
0,6 sec, f2,8, ISO 640
Just basic editing
20220924-P9240207.JPG

The second one 2,5 sec, 2,8, ISO 640
I tried to focus on the stars😁
20220924-P9240215.JPG

NataliaFlejszarPhoto
NataliaFlejszarPhoto
View all 1 featured items
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
These are beautiful photos that reflect the quietness of the evening. Good point NataliaFlejszarPhoto NataliaFlejszarPhoto.
And it's a real achievement to have taken them handheld, it's just amazing!
I particularly like the sense of space in the first photo.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Very beautiful photos Natalia !
The landscape looks amazing!

• Staff
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
These are beautiful photos that reflect the quietness of the evening. Good point NataliaFlejszarPhoto NataliaFlejszarPhoto.
And it's a real achievement to have taken them handheld, it's just amazing!
I particularly like the sense of space in the first photo.
Thank you very much Morexp57 Morexp57 for your comment! Good notices with the first picture it's a bit " break the photo rules " but I like this kind of pictures, of course the ultra angel lens effect throws the landscapes farther like it's in the reality but I can get more in one picture of beautiful landscapes especially rivers& lakes reflection and sky 🤩 and another elements as a beach... etc. I like to give a space for an eye 👌.
The second one is taken with another rules.
Yes handheld is possible with an the Olympus incredible image stabilizator 😁, useful for me before I love to have camera always with me, I I shooted also nothern lights handheld last times 😄 Of course handhelding need a lot of practice also 😄

• Staff
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Very beautiful photos Natalia !
The landscape looks amazing!
Thank you very much panos_adgr panos_adgr ! The place is amazing 🤩 I need to go there again 😊👌 Soon will easy to shooting blue moments as Polar nights are coming fastly and don't need wake up early or stay long to wait for that 😄