• Thread starter panos_adgr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Opinion wanted 

Distant Memory

Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
Full-frame
EXIF
Nikon D850
Nikkor AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR @28mm
Hoya Pro ND1000 (10 stop ND Filter)
9 long exposures of 8''
Electronic Shutter setting (SL1 Mode / Silent)
Aperture: f/11
Shutter Speed: 8s
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp.: +1.0EV
Metering: Matrix
ISO Sensitivity: 64
Exposure stacking in Mean Mode

This is a 2022 edit version cropped from the original 2019 edit
Distant Memory

Some images are more than a photo for the creator. They hide stories which are known only the artist his/her self.
This image was captured on a bright September afternoon in 2019. It was a very special time for me back then.
It is an image that reflects a lot of feelings. Bright as our Joy and happiness yet silent and intensely lonely. The motion of the surroundings with the stillness of the bench with nobody sitting is like a memory that was created and left there in the passage of time.

And I know for the most of you it is just an empty bench, by the sea, on a bright day.....

2022_edit.JPG

panos_adgr
panos_adgr
Passionate Amateur Photographer since I was a kid. 2 Publications in Nikon's Photo Contest Calendar 2020 & 2023
View all 6 featured items
Snook911

Snook911

Nov 1, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Distant Memory

Some images are more than a photo for the creator. They hide stories which are known only the artist his/her self.
This image was captured on a bright September afternoon in 2019. It was a very special time for me back then.
It is an image that reflects a lot of feelings. Bright as our Joy and happiness yet silent and intensely lonely. The motion of the surroundings with the stillness of the bench with nobody sitting is like a memory that was created and left there in the passage of time.

And I know for the most of you it is just an empty bench, by the sea, on a bright day.....

View attachment 936
Wow, What great composition! Can you tell me where this is? Its an AWESOME shot

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Even without knowing the background of this place or the story you lived in this place at one time, this shot exudes a lot of strength, aesthetics and emotion. It's beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us panos_adgr panos_adgr.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Even without knowing the background of this place or the story you lived in this place at one time, this shot exudes a lot of strength, aesthetics and emotion. It's beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us panos_adgr panos_adgr.
Thank you very much for your kind comment @morex!
I'm glad you like it and it's nice to read the feedback on what the image exudes and communicates!

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Wow, What great composition! Can you tell me where this is? Its an AWESOME shot
Thank you very much Snook911 Snook911 !

It was photographed in Nikiti a small town in Chalkidiki which is on the North of Greece. It is a very popular summer destination for vacations and tourists.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I love this image because of it's simplicity.
The lines are great and the bench really packs a punch. The clouds work well and I absolutely love the small plant growing under the bench, which kind of breaks up the symmetry slightly in a wonderful way.
It just shows that we don't need to always hunt for the complicated subject to shoot, and it tells me I sometimes probably walk by an amazing opportunity without really seeing it. :cool:
Very nice panos_adgr.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I love this image because of it's simplicity.
The lines are great and the bench really packs a punch. The clouds work well and I absolutely love the small plant growing under the bench, which kind of breaks up the symmetry slightly in a wonderful way.
It just shows that we don't need to always hunt for the complicated subject to shoot, and it tells me I sometimes probably walk by an amazing opportunity without really seeing it. :cool:
Very nice panos_adgr.
Thank you very much dear Andy for your wonderful words!
I will also add bellow the first edit of this image. It is a wider frame and in the middle it has a distraction which I carefully removed in photoshop.

Yes there is always somerhing beautiful around us but sometimes we are not noticing it. It has to do with our inner mood also. Depending on how we feel we see things or we notice things.

Anyway, thanks again.
It is one of my favorite images.

and bellow is the first edited version which i did in 2019 after I returned from that trip.

Happiness.JPG