Critique wanted Durdle Door

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
EXIF
Canon 7D M2
Canon 24-70 f2.8 II L

Apologies, not EXIF , but if you want, let me know, I'll check in the camera.
I visited some weeks ago Durdle Door, seaside of UK. Had to drive around 3 hours to there, but was worth the trip

Edited in Lightroom, Photoshop and Luminar 4

599A7265 (1)-min.jpg

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Very nice composition, it's a beautiful place. I agree with Andy Smith Andy Smith, I think the saturation is too high. Unless it's intended to create a certain atmosphere.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I tried to make it dramatic, I will upload the original non edited photo later. But, yes, it's a bit oversaturated, I think I have edited it too much in Luminar 4.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I tried to make it dramatic, I will upload the original non edited photo later. But, yes, it's a bit oversaturated, I think I have edited it too much in Luminar 4.
It’s so easy to edit too much! 🙂

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Well, I prefer this version. But it’s a question of personnal taste.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Well, I prefer this version. But it’s a question of personnal taste.

Thanks. Yeah, I would agree with you. I tried in the first photo to make. It more appealing, and a bit dramatic.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I visited some weeks ago Durdle Door, seaside of UK. Had to drive around 3 hours to there, but was worth the trip

Edited in Lightroom, Photoshop and Luminar 4

View attachment 505
Nice composition and beautiful landscapes. Nice picture but maybe a bit too much manipulated with the colours and editing 🤔. I prefer itself more naturally looking landscapes 😁
The original version is much better for me 😃👌

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice composition and beautiful landscapes. Nice picture but maybe a bit too much manipulated with the colours and editing 🤔. I prefer itself more naturally looking landscapes 😁
The original version is much better for me 😃👌

Thanks NataliaFlejszarPhoto NataliaFlejszarPhoto . In the first picture I tried to make it more appealing, the second one is very little editing.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks NataliaFlejszarPhoto NataliaFlejszarPhoto . In the first picture I tried to make it more appealing, the second one is very little editing.
Yes I know many landscapes photographers editing too much own pictures, but I don't understand it ,of course if you want to sell out standing prints... but I believe in nature, she makes the best work so we need to just be in right time in the right place 😄 and edit just as much as it's needed to show the beautiful moment and landscapes 🤩

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes I know many landscapes photographers editing too much own pictures, but I don't understand it ,of course if you want to sell out standing prints... but I believe in nature, she makes the best work so we need to just be in right time in the right place 😄 and edit just as much as it's needed to show the beautiful moment and landscapes 🤩
It's just good to try something new sometimes. :)

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It's just good to try something new sometimes. :)
Of course 😄 and improve own pictures editing skills 😉. I understand the point 😄