Opinion wanted Grand Mosque, Nur-Sultan

• Thread starter Biologymann
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
B

Biologymann

Feb 13, 2022
Edit my images
No
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
Central Asia's largest mosque. The cranes have been taken away and construction is almost complete. Pentax K-70 with a IMGP5178.jpgHD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 Limited DC WR used in aperture priority mode as I wanted to capture some of the detail in the snow in the foreground, so 40mm f/9 1/125 sec ISO 1600 hand held. This is on the edge of the city so I was unsure to add to the Cityscape or Rural Landscape categories.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
It's nice to see this project now, because when I was there in Astana (Nur-Sultan) it was under construction and not too pleasing to photograph really.
This actually makes me shiver when I remember how cold and windy it can get there. It was -35 degrees last time I was there if I remember correctly.
The blue colour compliments the sunset, and I love the contrast of the minarets against the sky.
Very nice image and thanks for sharing.

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
I keep making a comment here only to get distracted and not end up posting, so apologies for the later reply, but onwards..

The photo to me is very striking, pardon the ignorance but seeing a mosque in snow for me is a first and that is making a beautiful contrast in my mind. I am aware that there are colder countries that are Muslim but I have never seen a photograph of mosque like this before, at least none that I have noticed. The colours are fantastic, nice golden sunset and I am specially impressed by the Pentax's ability to capture detail in low light. A very well put together photo at an incredible location, nice work đź‘Ť

Last edited:
B

Biologymann

Feb 13, 2022
Edit my images
No
I keep making a comment here only to get distracted and not ending posting, so apologies for the later reply, but onwards..

The photo to me is very striking, pardon the ignorance but seeing a mosque in snow for me is a first and that is making a beautiful contrast in my mind. I am aware that there are colder countries that are Muslim but I have never seen a photograph of moque like this before, at least none that I have noticed. The colours are fantastic, nice golden sunset and I am specially impressed by the Pentax's ability to capture detail in low light. A very well put together photo at an incredible location, nice work đź‘Ť
Thank you for your kind comments. It can drop down to minus 35 degrees C here. The river freezes over and they race cars on it. I have lots of photos of the racing, but this is not the right forum. I had used a tripod but I was getting cold so I quickly took this last photo, hand held, before heading home.