Critique wanted Still learning how to create videos :D

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Drone brand
DJI
I had edited around 40 videos an other day and decided to put them together in one for YouTube.
I'm still learning how to edit videos so would love to know your opinion about it.

Is not the TOP editing , just to let you know in advance :D

Hopefully I'm entitled for Oscar :D

E

extraordinaryviewfootage

Nov 3, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I would encourage you to maybe use more different angles. I'm posting the below, primarily because it's the same music lol, but an example of what I mean. There's only 1 main subject in my video but I try to keep changing the angle to keep the viewers attention. It's good though, just a suggestion.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
That's beautiful video E extraordinaryviewfootage

I'm just thinking the viewer might become boring watching same subject from different angles.

E

extraordinaryviewfootage

Nov 3, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
That's beautiful video E extraordinaryviewfootage

I'm just thinking the viewer might become boring watching same subject from different angles.
Thank you. I'm am super far from being an expert, but it's a 80 second video that shows multiple angles of a short railroad section. I think it's up to us as the person making the video to decide story we want to tell or what we want to highlight. Sorry if that comes across the wrong way, I am definitely no authority, it's what I strive to achieve every time I do a video. dunno, something to consider. Keep it up though. It looks good. I'd just consider pulling in a few diff angles, like even looking straight up from a low flight under them or start out by being way zoomed in etc. The good thing is with these drones, we get a lot a lot of flexibility to try different things. Have a good one.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thank you. I'm am super far from being an expert, but it's a 80 second video that shows multiple angles of a short railroad section. I think it's up to us as the person making the video to decide story we want to tell or what we want to highlight. Sorry if that comes across the wrong way, I am definitely no authority, it's what I strive to achieve every time I do a video. dunno, something to consider. Keep it up though. It looks good. I'd just consider pulling in a few diff angles, like even looking straight up from a low flight under them or start out by being way zoomed in etc. The good thing is with these drones, we get a lot a lot of flexibility to try different things. Have a good one.
Thanks, I will definitely try to record from different angles. I'm still new to aerial videography and still learning. Agree, flying a drone is really fun and gives you flexibility, however depending on the weather :).

Tman1972

Tman1972

Apr 4, 2024
Edit my images
Yes
I had edited around 40 videos an other day and decided to put them together in one for YouTube.
I'm still learning how to edit videos so would love to know your opinion about it.

Is not the TOP editing , just to let you know in advance :D

Hopefully I'm entitled for Oscar :D

keep your clips short, anywhere from 6 to 10secs, try to edit to the beat of the music, video editing is hard cause there is way more that goes into it than editing. Camera angels and shots are key, like pull away, top down, orbit...etc, lighting is another important part and then the most important part is the story. learning story boarding will help in story telling and then learn and repeat I call it, learn one new technical aspect and repeat it till you fell comfortable. For example doing a pull back with the drone, or in editor a speed ramp. I only recently got back into video and have been pushing myself to get better at it. In this video I shared you can see how I went with the music and also tried to get speed ramps down. I redid my profile and could use a follower or two.
DaVinci Resolve
DJI Air2s

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
keep your clips short, anywhere from 6 to 10secs, try to edit to the beat of the music, video editing is hard cause there is way more that goes into it than editing. Camera angels and shots are key, like pull away, top down, orbit...etc, lighting is another important part and then the most important part is the story. learning story boarding will help in story telling and then learn and repeat I call it, learn one new technical aspect and repeat it till you fell comfortable. For example doing a pull back with the drone, or in editor a speed ramp. I only recently got back into video and have been pushing myself to get better at it. In this video I shared you can see how I went with the music and also tried to get speed ramps down. I redid my profile and could use a follower or two.
DaVinci Resolve
DJI Air2s

Thanks for the advice. I really like your video taken with air 2s.

This video is older, got better a bit at video editing, as I went to create YouTube videos. Had to invest into a new laptop which cost me a fortune, and use final cut Pro.

How you finding davinci?

Tman1972

Tman1972

Apr 4, 2024
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks for the advice. I really like your video taken with air 2s.

This video is older, got better a bit at video editing, as I went to create YouTube videos. Had to invest into a new laptop which cost me a fortune, and use final cut Pro.

How you finding davinci?
I love it! Color grading is awesome, editing is awesome and easy to pick up, they have tons of how to videos on Youtube, you can actually edit raw images in the editor, I haven't used it for that but I know a few friends that do. Its cheaper and equivalent, if not better than Premier Pro

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I love it! Color grading is awesome, editing is awesome and easy to pick up, they have tons of how to videos on Youtube, you can actually edit raw images in the editor, I haven't used it for that but I know a few friends that do. Its cheaper and equivalent, if not better than Premier Pro

I've used Premier pro, didn't liked, too complex and my old laptop didn't handle it very well. Especially editing 4k videos.

So I purchased a macbook pro and exit everything in final cut Pro.

I do have davinci installed as well, but I find it hard to learn new program again. It's just time consuming.

Tman1972

Tman1972

Apr 4, 2024
Edit my images
Yes
I've used Premier pro, didn't liked, too complex and my old laptop didn't handle it very well. Especially editing 4k videos.

So I purchased a macbook pro and exit everything in final cut Pro.

I do have davinci installed as well, but I find it hard to learn new program again. It's just time consuming.
lol yes very time consuming and why I didn't do videos for a while

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
lol yes very time consuming and why I didn't do videos for a while

But it's fun as well. I wanted to do more videos that I recorded with my drone, but probably will focus more on FPV footages now.