Travel Summer plans

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

Talk about your next trip, or the destination you are planning to go.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
As summer is coming, have you made any plans ? Like upcoming holidays, any locations you want to visit and take pictures of?

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
As summer is coming, have you made any plans ? Like upcoming holidays, any locations you want to visit and take pictures of?
Surely a long bicycle trips 😍

René Rufer

René Rufer

Feb 16, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Holidays in France, in the morning mountain bike and afternoon photography!

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Holidays in France, in the morning mountain bike and afternoon photography!
Sounds like a perfect plan for me. Have you booked the trip yet ?

Nasty Snapper

Nasty Snapper

Jun 5, 2022
Edit my images
No
I'll be going on a 2 month road trip across the United States. Hopefully getting lots of good shots weather permitting. First stop Grand Canyon.

Attachments

• US-Road-Map.jpg
    US-Road-Map.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I'll be going on a 2 month road trip across the United States. Hopefully getting lots of good shots weather permitting. First stop Grand Canyon.
I wish I could do the same. Have you calculated the cost of the trip?

Nasty Snapper

Nasty Snapper

Jun 5, 2022
Edit my images
No
I wish I could do the same. Have you calculated the cost of the trip?
No I have an exact number. Lodging is going to be around 5000 usd. Gas is going to be crazy, but we have a Toyota hybrid. That should help some.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No I have an exact number. Lodging is going to be around 5000 usd. Gas is going to be crazy, but we have a Toyota hybrid. That should help some.

For that money you could go abroad I guess. Have you planned where you will gonna sleep?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Just a road trip round Thailand, no specific route planned as I will just go where the road takes me for a few weeks. Tent & sleeping bag in the back of the pick up if needed and of course the camera and astrophotography gear.

Nasty Snapper

Nasty Snapper

Jun 5, 2022
Edit my images
No
For that money you could go abroad I guess. Have you planned where you will gonna sleep?
First 2 week is booked up. Stop 1 is the grand canyon, 2 roswell New Mexico, 3 San Antonio Texas, 4 Houston Texas, 5 Baton Rouge Louisiana, 6 New Orleans, 7 Memphis Tennessee, 8 Nashville Tennessee. We will book the rest on the fly. 90% of the time we stay at inexpensive chain hotels, but with New Orleans we are splurging on some nice diggs right on Bourbon st.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
we travel with our own car in 2 days. it's part of the adventure Holiday.

That will be nice. Probably will cost you a lot in fuel, not sure the fuel price in your country.

Where you will sleep overnight?

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
First 2 week is booked up. Stop 1 is the grand canyon, 2 roswell New Mexico, 3 San Antonio Texas, 4 Houston Texas, 5 Baton Rouge Louisiana, 6 New Orleans, 7 Memphis Tennessee, 8 Nashville Tennessee. We will book the rest on the fly. 90% of the time we stay at inexpensive chain hotels, but with New Orleans we are splurging on some nice diggs right on Bourbon st.

That sounds like a good trip. So you'd be staying couple of nights at each hotel?

Nasty Snapper

Nasty Snapper

Jun 5, 2022
Edit my images
No
Yah, for the most. We are staying 3 nights in New Orleans and a few extra days in Athens Georgia. Got to visit my cousin and her kids.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yah, for the most. We are staying 3 nights in New Orleans and a few extra days in Athens Georgia. Got to visit my cousin and her kids.

Sounds like a good trip. Hope you will have nice holidays. Have you checked how many miles you’d be driving?