Opinion wanted Sunset over the rice fields

• Thread starter Andy Smith
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Camera type
Mirrorless camera
Camera sensor
Full-frame
An image taken the other evening whilst out and about in the rice fields behind my home.
Canon R5, EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II
f/3.5, 1/40th, ISO 100

210522_R5_094_2048.jpg

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I like the dramatic composition in this photo, most likely you had a nice sunset there.

By the way, I bet the rice must be cheap there?

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
An image taken the other evening whilst out and about in the rice fields behind my home.
Canon R5, EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II
f/3.5, 1/40th, ISO 1so
So beautiful landscape and well captured šŸ¤© and I love rice šŸ˜‹šŸ˜

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It is cheap Jack yes, but a lot of work goes into producing it and to be honest it's not really worth farming at the moment as there is not enough return on the effort.

I think that's pretty much everywhere now. Farmers are struggling due of climate change.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I think that's pretty much everywhere now. Farmers are struggling due of climate change.
Nothing to do with climate change Jack, the Government has stopped subsidizing rice so the farmers now get only 20 pence for a kilo instead of around 45 pence from a couple of years back. A lot of farmers are giving up on farming rice now and turning their land into fish farms.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nothing to do with climate change Jack, the Government has stopped subsidizing rice so the farmers now get only 20 pence for a kilo instead of around 45 pence from a couple of years back. A lot of farmers are giving up on farming rice now and turning their land into fish farms.

Rice isnā€™t expensive to be honest comparing to fish. Here in shops for a slice of salmon you have to pay around Ā£5, when for rice you can get 1Kg for around Ā£2 if Iā€™m not wrong.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Rice isnā€™t expensive to be honest comparing to fish. Here in shops for a slice of salmon you have to pay around Ā£5, when for rice you can get 1Kg for around Ā£2 if Iā€™m not wrong.
they won't be farming Salmon that's for sure, haha just cheap river fish that everyone here in Thailand eats. People will not get too much more per KG than rice, but it is less work and they can harvest the fish 3x per year if they do it right, rather than 2x per year for rice.
However, I see so many fish farms staring out now that I think this will only drive the price of fish down as supply will be readily available and it is not easy to store fresh fish for any length of time here due to the heat, without spending more capital on freezers, bags, vacuum packing equipment etc.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
they won't be farming Salmon that's for sure, haha just cheap river fish that everyone here in Thailand eats. People will not get too much more per KG than rice, but it is less work and they can harvest the fish 3x per year if they do it right, rather than 2x per year for rice.
However, I see so many fish farms staring out now that I think this will only drive the price of fish down as supply will be readily available and it is not easy to store fresh fish for any length of time here due to the heat, without spending more capital on freezers, bags, vacuum packing equipment etc.

Then we can eat more fish which is healthy :D . Obviously thatā€™s business, you have to invest to make money. And obviously they canā€™t sell fish which has on the shelves or fridges there for very long .