Opinion wanted The Eiger at dawn

• Thread starter Morexp57
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
The Eiger seen from Grindelwald. The photo was taken at about 5:15 in the morning on May 17.

DSC_5147_DXO.jpg
ISO 100, f/8.0, 30.0 s, 18 mm

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thank you Natalia, I was lucky to wake up early.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
hi Morexp57 Morexp57 , I prefer the first photo. More exposure, the second one is a bit darker for my eyes .

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
hi Morexp57 Morexp57 , I prefer the first photo. More exposure, the second one is a bit darker for my eyes .
Yes, I agree with you. I also prefer the brighter version. What I like about the darker version is the light at the top left, which illuminates the snow in a very soft way with bluish tones. And also the small light in the middle of the mountain range, which is visible as in reality. I don't know what this light is... Maybe a refuge or a hut of the Swiss Alpine Club.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes, I agree with you. I also prefer the brighter version. What I like about the darker version is the light at the top left, which illuminates the snow in a very soft way with bluish tones. And also the small light in the middle of the mountain range, which is visible as in reality. I don't know what this light is... Maybe a refuge or a hut of the Swiss Alpine Club.
To highlight the top of mountain, you could increase whiteness, highlighting, and a bit of exposure, and drop down the black . I believe this way, you will have everything from top more white .

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
To highlight the top of mountain, you could increase whiteness, highlighting, and a bit of exposure, and drop down the black . I believe this way, you will have everything from top more white .
Yes. I can try different settings. I really like to play with the possibilities that photo editing programs offer these days.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes. I can try different settings. I really like to play with the possibilities that photo editing programs offer these days.

Nowadays you can achieve great results from these new editing softwares. I really like to play with them all :)