Opinion wanted Where the money is made

• Thread starter nicufrozzy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
Hi N nicufrozzy

Random start which is very me šŸ˜‚, but I think someone is trying to call Batman on the far right side of the photo, anyways, continuing on.. There is a lot to like in this photo, beautiful strong colours which I am fan of. The reflection which is very clean, must have been a very still night, good timing. Framing and composition look great.

But there is something which I have to bring up, try to narrow your aperture, f/1 seems pretty extreme to me and if I try to read any of the signs of the buildings I struggle because of the strong highlights, something like f/2 would control those highlights better and give you better overall lens performance. You may not even need to raise your ISO after going to f/2. Everything else I do like about the photo but In my opinion the aperture needs to be closed down a little. Thanks for sharing šŸ™

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Very nice night cityscape! I like a lot the reflection and the colour tones!

N

nicufrozzy

Feb 25, 2022
Edit my images
No
Hi N nicufrozzy

Random start which is very me šŸ˜‚, but I think someone is trying to call Batman on the far right side of the photo, anyways, continuing on.. There is a lot to like in this photo, beautiful strong colours which I am fan of. The reflection which is very clean, must have been a very still night, good timing. Framing and composition look great.

But there is something which I have to bring up, try to narrow your aperture, f/1 seems pretty extreme to me and if I try to read any of the signs of the buildings I struggle because of the strong highlights, something like f/2 would control those highlights better and give you better overall lens performance. You may not even need to raise your ISO after going to f/2. Everything else I do like about the photo but In my opinion the aperture needs to be closed down a little. Thanks for sharing šŸ™
Thank you for your opinion.
Now to explain.. Batman is in fact a stain on the sensor which I forgot to out on post process. ( My mistake).
But about f1 ..in fact is f16..The lens is Samyang 85mm f1,4 on manual focus ( no af) and the device does not recognize the exif correctly.

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
Thank you for your opinion.
Now to explain.. Batman is in fact a stain on the sensor which I forgot to out on post process. ( My mistake).
But about f1 ..in fact is f16..The lens is Samyang 85mm f1,4 on manual focus ( no af) and the device does not recognize the exif correctly.
oh?!šŸ˜® what a shame about the batman thing, I actually thought it was someone doing spotlight advertising and liked it, ohh well šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Thank you so much for clearing up the aparture thing, I went to bed scratching my head asking myself "That CAN'T be right, f/1..?!?" šŸ˜‚. I got a few lenses that dont feed aparture information to the EXIF and its tricky remembering what I used for each photo.