Critique wanted Summer moments part 1 - Swedish nature and drone photography

• Thread starter MartinF
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
M

MartinF

Apr 7, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Drone brand
DJI
Hi guys! I thought I would give a first go at sharing my content here on the forum. This is one of the types of video I make, a more direct compilation of nature photography with no vlogging elements or narration.
In this film I tried to convey the different moods of the Swedish summer around the area where I live. I try to mix wide angles with more intimate shots using tele lens as well as drone shots.
I also try to work with music to fit the mood and to add in some ambient sounds from birds etc. even if I didn´t have a lot of that in this video.
Hope you like it! All feedback appreciated.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Actually good editing and footage M MartinF. I like more the drone footage.

What equipment you have used to record these videos?

M

MartinF

Apr 7, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Actually good editing and footage M MartinF. I like more the drone footage.

What equipment you have used to record these videos?
Thanks! I used the Canon R6 plus my Mavic Mini. Additional (underwater) footage with a Samsung S20 FE. Lenses for the camera were mainly EF 16-35/4L IS and EF 100-400/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM. Some clips also with the Samyang 135/2.0.

That first clip of the dragonfly shows how good the 100-400 really is. It almost doubles as a macro lens!

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks! I used the Canon R6 plus my Mavic Mini. Additional (underwater) footage with a Samsung S20 FE. Lenses for the camera were mainly EF 16-35/4L IS and EF 100-400/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM. Some clips also with the Samyang 135/2.0.

I believe all the recordings were done in 4k format?

You've done good job to be honest. Have you use 100-400 for macro footage?

M

MartinF

Apr 7, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I believe all the recordings were done in 4k format?

You've done good job to be honest. Have you use 100-400 for macro footage?
Yes, all in 4K except the Mavic Mini of course since it only shoots 2.7K :)
I did take quite a few shots of the dragonflies at the same time as I filmed that.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes, all in 4K except the Mavic Mini of course since it only shoots 2.7K :)
I did take quite a few shots of the dragonflies at the same time as I filmed that.

Alright, what software have you used for editing? Adobe Premiere?

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi guys! I thought I would give a first go at sharing my content here on the forum. This is one of the types of video I make, a more direct compilation of nature photography with no vlogging elements or narration.
In this film I tried to convey the different moods of the Swedish summer around the area where I live. I try to mix wide angles with more intimate shots using tele lens as well as drone shots.
I also try to work with music to fit the mood and to add in some ambient sounds from birds etc. even if I didn´t have a lot of that in this video.
Hope you like it! All feedback appreciated.

Another beautiful video M MartinF. It pays tribute to the atmosphere of the summer. The editing is great and the music is well in tune. And the birdsong at the end of the video is the extra touch that makes it feel even more like summer!

M

MartinF

Apr 7, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Alright, what software have you used for editing? Adobe Premiere?
No, I have limited budget so I use the free version of Davinci Resolve.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No, I have limited budget so I use the free version of Davinci Resolve.

Not bad editing for free software. I'll have to try it as well. Can you edit 5k footage as well?

M

MartinF

Apr 7, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Not bad editing for free software. I'll have to try it as well. Can you edit 5k footage as well?
I don´t think you can use a 5K timeline or export to 5K in the free version. But I think importing 5K video to a 4K timeline is no problem. Davinci is extremely powerful. If you search tutorial you´ll see that it is way beyond what most beginners need. I am not yet even half decent when it comes to colour grading and stuff.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I don´t think you can use a 5K timeline or export to 5K in the free version. But I think importing 5K video to a 4K timeline is no problem. Davinci is extremely powerful. If you search tutorial you´ll see that it is way beyond what most beginners need. I am not yet even half decent when it comes to colour grading and stuff.

I'll check it out. I use Adobe Premier now. But still learning the software.

New to videography 😅