Photography Will Ai replace photography?

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
What do you think about Ai, I saw some photos generated using AI and I was really impressed with the quality and how real these are looking.

I'm thinking that might replace the real photography in near future.

What do you think about that?

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Short answer: yes.
Short answer: no.
Although AI produces fascinating and beautiful images, they are not photographs. Photography is the act of finding a subject, moving around it and trying to capture the image that moves us. Being in front of a screen and giving instructions to a computer programme is interesting, it's creative too, but it's not photography.

There's some excellent information on this site:

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Although AI produces fascinating and beautiful images, they are not photographs. Photography is the act of finding a subject, moving around it and trying to capture the image that moves us.

I do agree here. But as I started to dig more into stock photography, I found that more contributors are kind of started to create Ai images for commercial purpose. I also notices some sites where I upload, they use some of my images to train Ai machine,, so these can generate similar content. I mean, Ai can do amazing stuff, from information, to ideas. But I think in long run will affect the humans. People will become more lazy by using Ai, and if more customers will prefer Ai generated images, the photography as art will disappear.