General A.I the future of photography?

• Thread starter lightmuncher
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have just listened to Jared Polon, and I found this video quite poignant. His statement was, that we are now in a new world of artificial computer intelligence that can do the work of photography without human intervention. What are your thoughts?
Jared Polon YouTube

René Rufer

René Rufer

Feb 16, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have no desire to be taken the pleasure of photographing. Young people will know how to manipulate artificial intelligence. At my age, I will disconnect! Photography is and will remain a lot of fun.
Happy new year at all!

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have no desire to be taken the pleasure of photographing. Young people will know how to manipulate artificial intelligence. At my age, I will disconnect! Photography is and will remain a lot of fun.
Happy new year at all!
You and I are on the same page. I still yearn for the darkroom, but its too expensive to do now. That was the real world where you had to create with simpler equipment and chemicals. You didn't take 100 images to get a good image, which I often see these days, you took 3 or 4. I am not sure if it was Ansel Adams, but if it is, he took one image and it would be perfect. Now I feel my age regurgitating the past! 🤮 😂

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
These software are quite impressive when it comes to creating an image. And they will get even better with time. In a few years (decades?), people who still take pictures with a camera will be considered a bit eccentric. That's fine by me!

René Rufer

René Rufer

Feb 16, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
These software are quite impressive when it comes to creating an image. And they will get even better with time. In a few years (decades?), people who still take pictures with a camera will be considered a bit eccentric. That's fine by me!
And presumably we will also be able to make phone calls with the camera!

René Rufer

René Rufer

Feb 16, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You and I are on the same page. I still yearn for the darkroom, but its too expensive to do now. That was the real world where you had to create with simpler equipment and chemicals. You didn't take 100 images to get a good image, which I often see these days, you took 3 or 4. I am not sure if it was Ansel Adams, but if it is, he took one image and it would be perfect. Now I feel my age regurgitating the past! 🤮 😂
This was the good time when we darkened the bright spots with paper swivels!:ROFLMAO:

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

And presumably we will also be able to make phone calls with the camera!
As far as I know that has already happened. I don't want a fancy mobile that takes images. I have a mobile PHONE. That is all it is. And its there for emergencies. I have seem=n amazing macro shots with these latest cameras. Point and shoot and you are there, plus play around with an app to give a father christmas hat and your done 🤪

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I don't agree with this. The AI is already here, and you can see it on social media sites. Photography is about enjoying yourself in your spare time. Also learning something new as well.

Photography it's just freedom from the real world.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I do agree about softwares, but these won't change the fact that we will have to go out and take the photo.