Opinion wanted A path to Narnia

• Thread starter Morexp57
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
N

nicufrozzy

Feb 25, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thank you for your appreciation.

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
Very nice scene Morexp57 Morexp57. The reds in the leaves really have a nice pop in colour with the snow. Very nice capture of the wilderness and atmosphere of the area. Nice textures in with the snow on the tree branches. I have never shot in snow, I assume the metering can be difficult. White can easily get blown and details lost?. Very good job with this landcape đź‘Ť

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Very nice scene Morexp57 Morexp57. The reds in the leaves really have a nice pop in colour with the snow. Very nice capture of the wilderness and atmosphere of the area. Nice textures in with the snow on the tree branches. I have never shot in snow, I assume the metering can be difficult. White can easily get blown and details lost?. Very good job with this landcape đź‘Ť
Thank you!
I increased the reds a bit to make the leaves on the left stand out.
And yes, snow can make exposure difficult, especially with lots of sun. In the case of this photo, the weather was gray with some fog as well so the light was soft and therefore the dynamic range was not too extreme.

A

A_cat_typingg

Mar 9, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Its a good image. Personally I would have tried to find a stronger leading line in the composition if the idea was a "pathway". Also, the footprints in the snow, if you could slightly intensify the shadows in them to accentuate them, it helps support the idea of travelling into the ethereal unknown.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Its a good image. Personally I would have tried to find a stronger leading line in the composition if the idea was a "pathway". Also, the footprints in the snow, if you could slightly intensify the shadows in them to accentuate them, it helps support the idea of travelling into the ethereal unknown.
The idea of the path to Narnia came after the composition and post processing. Indeed, I could try to accentuate the footprints (of dog, I think) to see what it gives.
Thank you for your opinion.