Critique wanted Above the mountains

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
EXIF
Canon EOS 7D M2
Canon 24-70mm
f22
30sec
ISO 400
What do you think about this long exposure photo ?

599A0211-min.jpg

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I like it very much. Clouds are always interesting with these long exposures.
Personally, I would have cropped so as to have less grass.
I had to increase the dehaze a lot to highlight the clouds in this photo. Because it was rainy, and dark , I had to remove the noise in Topaz Denoise

But turned ok

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I thing it is wonderful Jack Jack!
If the horizon was lower keeping the green foreground at the same or less proportion as the mountains I think that it would be better. At least this is what I think, as I wasn't there at that moment.
The dark silhouettes of the trees work great in the photo, breaking wonderfully the green and orange reddish pattern of the foreground and mountains. It also nice that you placed them on the one side of the photo.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks panos_adgr panos_adgr . You spotted more details than me. šŸ˜‚. At the time i wanted to make the photo quick as was raining and windy. I was thinking that the wind will take away my camera. But the photo turned beautiful after the editing.

Tman1972

Tman1972

Apr 4, 2024
Edit my images
Yes
I agree with what others said, I think I would want to return to the same location and try to a different composition. I like long exposures for clouds for sure, the trees being cut off I find distracting.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I agree with what others said, I think I would want to return to the same location and try to a different composition. I like long exposures for clouds for sure, the trees being cut off I find distracting.

Thanks for your comment. It was raining during that day, and I wanted to do it quick. That's why didn't turned very good photo.

Would love to go back definitely, this time maybe for some aerial shots too.

Tman1972

Tman1972

Apr 4, 2024
Edit my images
Yes
Aerials would be awesome, like an extra large Panorama

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Aerials would be awesome, like an extra large Panorama

Hopefully this summer. I usually fly my mini 3 Pro. But air 2s does give me best images.

Tman1972

Tman1972

Apr 4, 2024
Edit my images
Yes
Hopefully this summer. I usually fly my mini 3 Pro. But air 2s does give me best images.
I prefer my old Phantom 4 pro vs 2+ , hope to get the Mavic 3 pro soon

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I prefer my old Phantom 4 pro vs 2+ , hope to get the Mavic 3 pro soon

I was looking at mavic 3 Pro, but I need to upgrade my camera first. Have enough drones šŸ˜…

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
been there done that...

At the moment happy with my drones. Sometimes I'm thinking I got too much gear, that I have no time to use it all.

Tman1972

Tman1972

Apr 4, 2024
Edit my images
Yes
At the moment happy with my drones. Sometimes I'm thinking I got too much gear, that I have no time to use it all.
Thats why I gave up my Phantom and now am kicking myself in the butt...but i got great studio lights for photography in trade

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thats why I gave up my Phantom and now am kicking myself in the butt...but i got great studio lights for photography in trade

That's exactly what happens you sell something from you gear, you end up needing it and blaming yourself of selling it.