General Artificial intelligence

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
What do you guys think about AI in today's world?

I had a chance to test AI plugins for forums on a developer site, I was shocked. It's like talking to a real person, the Bot was able to answer to all my questions, with details as well. And the topic I was talking, was photography. It's just amazes me how technology is progressing.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I find AIs fascinating and scary.
I was thinking to add Ai on one of my forums. But not sure if that's a good idea. Will be probably interesting to play with, but not something good in long term.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I think AI is great and it is sort of inevitable anyway, the AI in Lightroom & photoshop along with other softwares for processing images is just fantastic at the moment. I can't help but wonder what it will be like in a few years time.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I think AI is great and it is sort of inevitable anyway, the AI in Lightroom & photoshop along with other softwares for processing images is just fantastic at the moment. I can't help but wonder what it will be like in a few years time.
I had tested the Ai if it can give CC on images, unfortunately is still not there. However, I tested with a link to the photo, and was surprised that it did give a constructive feedback. I'm wondering if social media sites aren't using Ai bots yet.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
A.I. is within this present timeline very, very scary. There is an amazing man who built rockets that flew at 17 years of age. His name is David Adair, and he made a rocket at 17, and he deliberately blew it up, due to having an X NAZI in NASA wanting for nefarious reasons. If you ever get a chance to listen to this man's story, it's quite an eye-opener. Listen to this short clip, and I guarantee you will turn your AI listening devices, like Alexis, OFF! David Adair and AI I would not want that thing in my house anyway! I turn off the AI listening device on my Android tablet.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
A.I. is within this present timeline very, very scary. There is an amazing man who built rockets that flew at 17 years of age. His name is David Adair, and he made a rocket at 17, and he deliberately blew it up, due to having an X NAZI in NASA wanting for nefarious reasons. If you ever get a chance to listen to this man's story, it's quite an eye-opener. Listen to this short clip, and I guarantee you will turn your AI listening devices, like Alexis, OFF! David Adair and AI I would not want that thing in my house anyway! I turn off the AI listening device on my Android tablet.

I believe that's already happening now. Example Alexa devices listening to what people speak at home, and they based on that, it will advertise appropriate products.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
It is a wonderful subject!
I'm watching things around AI for quite some time.
I'm very sceptic...
It is a revolutionary, evolutionary tool / knowledge / scientific breakthrough with many potentials, which has to be treated very wisely! And wise is not our world, at all in our days.
I'm worried mostly about people and then I'm worried about the potential threats of it.

I'm afraid that the first thing that we will 'see' is the loss of jobs especially in information technology. Encoding and software design and development will no longer need people.
There are various videos you can watch on Youtube.
I've used the Chat GPT box and it is surprising in many ways....!

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It is a wonderful subject!
I'm watching things around AI for quite some time.
I'm very sceptic...
It is a revolutionary, evolutionary tool / knowledge / scientific breakthrough with many potentials, which has to be treated very wisely! And wise is not our world, at all in our days.
I'm worried mostly about people and then I'm worried about the potential threats of it.

I'm afraid that the first thing that we will 'see' is the loss of jobs especially in information technology. Encoding and software design and development will no longer need people.
There are various videos you can watch on Youtube.
I've used the Chat GPT box and it is surprising in many ways....!
Sadly I don't have much faith in humanity at the present moment, AT ALL! There are changes in the wings which I hope and pray come to fruition. The white hats are doing their best against enormous odds, and I hope what they are doing is achievable to change this planet into a better place. AI has a job to do within that, but as you say, in the wrong hands its not good. David Adair states that quite well in his interviews. I would trust what that man says, and not take it lightly.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
AI has a job to do within that, but as you say, in the wrong hands its not good.
I feel the same way as you do about this.
The question not to ask an AI would be "how to solve climate change" because the answer might well be "make humanity disappear".