Opinion wanted Bohemian Waxwing

• Thread starter Suzi1963
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
S

Suzi1963

Jan 2, 2024
I was lucky to see a flick of these migratory birds over the weekend! Unfortunate it was full lighting, it still amazing watching them fly down to the berries

Attachments

• 587A5358.jpeg
    587A5358.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 420
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Really beautiful photo @Suzi1963

Thanks a lot for sharing. Feel free to share more and get engaged with others in comments.

Ran

Ran

Jan 1, 2024
As it is marked with Opinion Wanted, I suppose it means that you are asking for feedback about the photo. First, great capturing this bird in a sharp and clear way.

In animal photography, I always differentiate between photos that are meant for nature lovers, showing clearly the subject, and reporting on sightings. These types of photos are good for nature observation sites, local bird groups and the like.

The other type of photos are photos that aim to the photography lovers, photos that aim to be more artistic. Your photo does not fit into this category, as there is too much distraction, and the composition attracts the eye to the noise first and not to the subject.

I do not consider one type of photo better than the other. The problem with the more artistic type of photography is that it limits your selection of the subject. As many animals do not land themselves in artistic photography. A clear capture is the best you can get. The image I attached is an example of a photo that may fit more into the second category. But there are many birds I have tried for years to create some photos for them but could not.

So it simply depends on what type of photography you want to do. As for me, I do both. Depending on the purpose.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-13 144453.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-13 144453.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
As it is marked with Opinion Wanted, I suppose it means that you are asking for feedback about the photo. First, great capturing this bird in a sharp and clear way.

In animal photography, I always differentiate between photos that are meant for nature lovers, showing clearly the subject, and reporting on sightings. These types of photos are good for nature observation sites, local bird groups and the like.

The other type of photos are photos that aim to the photography lovers, photos that aim to be more artistic. Your photo does not fit into this category, as there is too much distraction, and the composition attracts the eye to the noise first and not to the subject.

I do not consider one type of photo better than the other. The problem with the more artistic type of photography is that it limits your selection of the subject. As many animals do not land themselves in artistic photography. A clear capture is the best you can get. The image I attached is an example of a photo that may fit more into the second category. But there are many birds I have tried for years to create some photos for them but could not.

So it simply depends on what type of photography you want to do. As for me, I do both. Depending on the purpose.

Very good feedback. Thanks for taking the time.