Opinion wanted By the forest

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
On Scotland trip.

While I was driving, I was impressed by this view and decided to stop to take a picture. :)

599A6578-min.jpg

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
Nice pic Jack Jack, I like the light on the mountains and the road, nice natural colours on the edit, nice sky too. That one pole on the left needs a little photoshop begone action in my opinion, its right over the one isolated and tallest pine but apart from that very nice photo.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice pic Jack Jack, I like the light on the mountains and the road, nice natural colours on the edit, nice sky too. That one pole on the left needs a little photoshop begone action in my opinion, its right over the one isolated and tallest pine but apart from that very nice photo.

Thanks C Chavezshutter, I haven't even noticed much that pole. I might try to edit it, but honestly is not that visible. 🤔 Or it is?

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Once you see it, cant be unseen 🤣, sorry but I couldnt help it
Yeah, that's true 😅😅😅. Even if I'll remove it, you'll know where it was 😂

A

A_cat_typingg

Mar 9, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have to agree with the other comments on here - that pole sticks out a little too sharply, contrasting as it does against the dark organic shapes in the back ground. I know it might be seen by some as "cheating" but personally I'd clone brush and take all the poles out of the image, and shorten that taller tree on the left down a little bit because it does give a little bit of focus on the 3rds intersection bottom left, but at its current height gives the picture a very slightly unbalanced feel.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have to agree with the other comments on here - that pole sticks out a little too sharply, contrasting as it does against the dark organic shapes in the back ground. I know it might be seen by some as "cheating" but personally I'd clone brush and take all the poles out of the image, and shorten that taller tree on the left down a little bit because it does give a little bit of focus on the 3rds intersection bottom left, but at its current height gives the picture a very slightly unbalanced feel.

Thanks A A_cat_typingg , I might try to delete that in PS per everyone’s suggestion. I do agree, is kind of annoying having that pole in the frame, however there’s lots of them in the picture.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Definitely worth spending the time on removing those poles, looks a lot better now.

A

A_cat_typingg

Mar 9, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Cheers for that. Yes, definitely looks better. Photoshop I guess ?
Yep, quick 10 minute job just as a proof of concept. Of course a little more patience will provide more convincing results.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yep, quick 10 minute job just as a proof of concept. Of course a little more patience will provide more convincing results.
Personally I don’t really use photoshop for editing images, unless I have a specific job to do there. More often I edit my images in LR and sometimes Luminar 4 for more creativity.

A

A_cat_typingg

Mar 9, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Personally I don’t really use photoshop for editing images, unless I have a specific job to do there. More often I edit my images in LR and sometimes Luminar 4 for more creativity.
I use PS for very specific things, such as it's clone tool to be able to "paint out" objects or layer elements with more control. Can't really do that so easily in LR. Having said that you can do a large percentage of the essential LR RAW tweaks in PS nowadays. I use both LR and PS and I find each have different strengths depending on what you want to do. Some images I use both.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I use PS for very specific things, such as it's clone tool to be able to "paint out" objects or layer elements with more control. Can't really do that so easily in LR. Having said that you can do a large percentage of the essential LR RAW tweaks in PS nowadays. I use both LR and PS and I find each have different strengths depending on what you want to do. Some images I use both.
Do you use any other editing softwares ? Or just Ps and LR ?

A

A_cat_typingg

Mar 9, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Do you use any other editing softwares ? Or just Ps and LR ?
I find I can do most of the things I want to do in those two, though I did try the Topaz Sharpen AI tool with...mixed results.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I find I can do most of the things I want to do in those two, though I did try the Topaz Sharpen AI tool with...mixed results.

Topaz does good job as well, especially Denoise one. Don’t know if you have this software.

A

A_cat_typingg

Mar 9, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Topaz does good job as well, especially Denoise one. Don’t know if you have this software.
No, nor do I intend to fork out for any Topaz products

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No, nor do I intend to fork out for any Topaz products

I've tried some as a trial and they not bad at all. Anyway back to the topic, thanks for editing the photo.

Next time I'll try to edit in Photoshop.