Gear advice Camera brand Ambassadors how to become the one!

• Thread starter NataliaFlejszarPhoto
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

A discussion about gear such camera, lenses, tripods, and other equipments.
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi! My big dreams would be become an OM Systems- Olympus brand Ambassador!! !
Do you know what I need to do to stay the one of them?!
Have you ever thought about to say your camera brand's ambassador?

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Very good topic NataliaFlejszarPhoto NataliaFlejszarPhoto . I believe the company will contact you to offer the position. However, to be eligible, you need to be an influencer and have very high end portfolio.

Example, of you do landscape photography, you should only focus on this niche.

• Staff
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Very good topic NataliaFlejszarPhoto NataliaFlejszarPhoto . I believe the company will contact you to offer the position. However, to be eligible, you need to be an influencer and have very high end portfolio.

Example, of you do landscape photography, you should only focus on this niche.

I think I'm a good influencer! I already have been taken good ads for Olympus and recommend always as well! You know Jack Jack about well 😄
You're right here, maybe I should choose the one subject and go with... but I do can't decide with one I like more.. I love wildlife and landscapes mostly of course! And horsephotography and sometimes commercial Photography....
Maybe I could ask straight to Olympus by costumers service! 😁. It would be so wonderful to become one of Olympus ambassadors...🤩. I know one of them already in Finland, living quite close 🤭. But Olympus needs a good ads still! 😄

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I think I'm a good influencer! I already have been taken good ads for Olympus and recommend always as well! You know Jack Jack about well 😄
You're right here, maybe I should choose the one subject and go with... but I do can't decide with one I like more.. I love wildlife and landscapes mostly of course! And horsephotography and sometimes commercial Photography....
Maybe I could ask straight to Olympus by costumers service! 😁. It would be so wonderful to become one of Olympus ambassadors...🤩. I know one of them already in Finland, living quite close 🤭. But Olympus needs a good ads still! 😄
There is no harm in contacting Olympus directly and letting them know you are interested in becoming an ambassador.
Explain to them why you like their products and what your future plans are, send them a few examples of your work and ask them how you can represent them better in line with their future plans and marketing campaigns.
You may be surprised. :)

• Staff
NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
There is no harm in contacting Olympus directly and letting them know you are interested in becoming an ambassador.
Explain to them why you like their products and what your future plans are, send them a few examples of your work and ask them how you can represent them better in line with their future plans and marketing campaigns.

Thank you a lot Andy! I'll try to do so and let's see what will happened 😊🙃. I think in need to first make a good website with portfolio and blog 😃

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I thought they usually have to contact you to offer the position? And you also need to have thousands of followers on social media sites.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

Yes, you can try that as well. You have nothing to loose. To be honest, I never thought about that, to become a brand ambassador. I'm not even active on social media sites.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thank you a lot Andy! I'll try to do so and let's see what will happened 😊🙃. I think in need to first make a good website with portfolio and blog 😃
it may help, but you never know.. Olympus are in tough competition with other brands and they may look for new and upcoming ambassadors that share their dream or goals. If you contact them you have lost nothing.. they may say come back in 1 year or they may not respond at all... but at least they will know you are out there and if you keep in touch with them who knows what may happen.
Another good idea is to let them know you are looking at doing workshops for aspiring photographers, which you can document and blog about with the focus on Olympus gear.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I thought they usually have to contact you to offer the position? And you also need to have thousands of followers on social media sites.
I guess thats what a lot of people think.. but if you are pro-active you may get the opportunity before someone who is just waiting to be contacted.
I know a couple of ambassadors that aren't even on social media so have zero followers, but they are very active in the sports photography world and get shown on TV quite regular with their camera brand name splashed all over their bags and straps etc.
Different marketing approach which is why I suggested NataliaFlejszar reach out to them and explain her future ambitions and direction.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I guess thats what a lot of people think.. but if you are pro-active you may get the opportunity before someone who is just waiting to be contacted.
I know a couple of ambassadors that aren't even on social media so have zero followers, but they are very active in the sports photography world and get shown on TV quite regular with their camera brand name splashed all over their bags and straps etc.
Different marketing approach which is why I suggested NataliaFlejszar reach out to them and explain her future ambitions and direction.

True, but that means you still need to be well known photographer. Like those who are working at National Dictionary, or Animal Planet (if I'm not wrong about channels names).

I still think there are some boxes need to be ticked to become a brand ambassador.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
True, but that means you still need to be well known photographer. Like those who are working at National Dictionary, or Animal Planet (if I'm not wrong about channels names).

I still think there are some boxes need to be ticked to become a brand ambassador.
Maybe Jack, but necessarily so.
I see a couple of Asian photographers now working as ambassadors for certain brands of tripod. They were not well know at all prior to this, but they showed a range of unique photographs from Bangkok and Hong Kong, which attracted the attention of the manufacturers who then took them onboard. They now do blogs, videos and other stuff on behalf of the manufacturer - So really they became popular after becoming ambassadors and the manufacturer is promoting their work now also. Selling prints in galleries etc. I am unsure if they get paid by the brand but they will certainly get free stuff to use and promote.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No

I would agree with Jack Jack .

Usually Brand Ambassadors are chosen by companies in a kind of co-operation relationship.
Ambassadors are Highly regarded artists with great regional or global reputation/recognition. They are selected by the brands in a 'strategic alliance' where both benefit from each other. The company benefits from having a great and important 'team' or group of artists who 'chose' the company's gear/tools for their creative work and artists benefit from gear sponsorship or from hiring them for projects.

I've watched many Olympus ambassadors in youtube especially when the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III was launched. These people where highly regarded artists and youtubers as well. I do not recall them, but I might have a look at some point.
They are also chosen to test the new gear in hard pro requirements.

I really admire your thirst to go forward and the fact that you set goals.
Move forward to achieve your goals and start participating to photo competitions with status. It is tone of the best steps.
I have participated in many competitions and it is something very helpful in self improvement, self evaluation, as well as self recognition alongside with your basic work.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
There are great advices from Andy Smith Andy Smith thank you so much, and of course Jack Jack and panos_adgr panos_adgr ! . I have already 1390 followers in my Instagram, on Facebook not so much because FB is hard, I need build a nice portfolio as I need to do with a blog... I think after them I can get contact with Olympus... I have still to much to do before that and of course I'll work hard to get the all Olympus grears I need to make money and keep a lovely hobby with wildlife and nature 🤩.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
There are great advices from Andy Smith Andy Smith thank you so much, and of course Jack Jack and panos_adgr panos_adgr ! . I have already 1390 followers in my Instagram, on Facebook not so much because FB is hard, I need build a nice portfolio as I need to do with a blog... I think after them I can get contact with Olympus... I have still to much to do before that and of course I'll work hard to get the all Olympus grears I need to make money and keep a lovely hobby with wildlife and nature 🤩.
Probably you need hundreds of thousands of followers, there are a lot of people who wishing to become camera ambassadors.

To be honest, better focus on your skills, and the luck will follow 😉