Drone Charging batteries

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member wishes to chat about drone(s).
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes, you are correct that I would not be able to get the what I paid for my Air 2S if I sell it but I am willing to take less and factor in the value of the amount of time I used it. As you said I probably would not sell my Air 2S if I was in the market for a Mini Pro 3 as I would think that is about the same or maybe even a slight downgrade from the Air 2S. In some places having a Mini Pro 3 is an advantage because of its sub 250 rating but I can fly my Air 2S everywhere I can fly a Mini Pro 3 which is why I chose the Air 2S in the first place. But lets say at some point because of the better camera ( or other new features) you decided to buy the the New DJI Mavic 3 Classic would want to keep both the Air 2S and the Mavic 3 Classic? Its a personal choice but I wouldn't see the need to keep 2 very similar drones for my needs.

To go down that road and make such an expensive purchase, you'd want to make full time money from your drone, and this way you could keep both drones. I can't see any reason purchasing Mavic 3 for personal recreation. It's just an expensive drone. I do own Mini 3 Pro for its weight and air 2s for the capabilities.

I see no reason to sell any of them to upgrade in the future, unless there will really cool drone for right price.

Air 2s is basically mini Mavic 3 I would say.

Snook911

Snook911

Nov 1, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
To go down that road and make such an expensive purchase, you'd want to make full time money from your drone, and this way you could keep both drones. I can't see any reason purchasing Mavic 3 for personal recreation. It's just an expensive drone. I do own Mini 3 Pro for its weight and air 2s for the capabilities.

I see no reason to sell any of them to upgrade in the future, unless there will really cool drone for right price.

Air 2s is basically mini Mavic 3 I would say.
I would say before the Mavic 3 Classic came out the Air2S was the mini Mavic 3 but now the Mavic 3 's mini is definitely the Classic. The Mavic 3 is more of a professional drone but for me the Mavic 3 classic is that really cool drone at the right price. Its only $600 more then the Air 2S and come with 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera, Advanced Night shots, Variable shutter size, APAS 5.0 for Advanced Omni Directional obstacle avoidance, 46 min flight time battery, DJI 03+ for better video transmission and range plus a host of other features. For $600 more then the Air 2S had this drone been out when I was buying I would have probably bought this instead of the Air 2S. Like I said for some people I understand the need to have a sub 250g drone and a higher quality photo drone but for a hobbyist I don't see the need to keep around 2 drones with similar features.

I guess I am just the guy who always wants that next best thing. I'll wait about 6 months until the Mavic 3 classic starts showing up on Amazon Renewed for about $1, 200 for the drone only. (I already have the DJI RC so I wont need the controller) I will probably sell my Air 2S and accessories for $800 to $900 to help finance the purchase of the Mavic 3 Classic. I will have depreciated the Air 2S about $300 over what I paid but will have used it for almost a year so I am ok with that trade off.

Last edited:
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I would say before the Mavic 3 Classic came out the Air2S was the mini Mavic 3 but now the Mavic 3 's mini is definitely the Classic. The Mavic 3 is more of a professional drone but for me the Mavic 3 classic is that really cool drone at the right price. Its only $600 more then the Air 2S and come with 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera, Advanced Night shots, Variable shutter size, APAS 5.0 for Advanced Omni Directional obstacle avoidance, 46 min flight time battery, DJI 03+ for better video transmission and range plus a host of other features. For $600 more then the Air 2S had this drone been out when I was buying I would have probably bought this instead of the Air 2S. Like I said for some people I understand the need to have a sub 250g drone and a higher quality photo drone but for a hobbyist I don't see the need to keep around 2 drones with similar features.

I guess I am just the guy who always wants that next best thing. I'll wait about 6 months until the Mavic 3 classic starts showing up on Amazon Renewed for about $1, 200 for the drone only. (I already have the DJI RC so I wont need the controller) I will probably sell my Air 2S and accessories for $800 to $900 to help finance the purchase of the Mavic 3 Classic. I will have depreciated the Air 2S about $300 over what I paid but will have used it for almost a year so I am ok with that trade off.
I wasn't aware about Mavic 3 mini. I'll have to check it out. Here in UK, will be expensive. Unless you willing to wait a bit till they drop the price or you cab afford to bite the price.

And you right Mavic 3 is more a professional drone, that means the cost of drone you will make in a week.

Don't know the law in US, but here in UK, I won't be able to fly the Mavic 3 in the city as is over 250g, that's the reason I purchased Mini 3 Pro.

Probably is down to personal preferences, if you can fly the drone everywhere, then why no, but here I can fly bigger drones only in the countryside and mountains.

Snook911

Snook911

Nov 1, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I wasn't aware about Mavic 3 mini. I'll have to check it out. Here in UK, will be expensive. Unless you willing to wait a bit till they drop the price or you cab afford to bite the price.

And you right Mavic 3 is more a professional drone, that means the cost of drone you will make in a week.

Don't know the law in US, but here in UK, I won't be able to fly the Mavic 3 in the city as is over 250g, that's the reason I purchased Mini 3 Pro.

Probably is down to personal preferences, if you can fly the drone everywhere, then why no, but here I can fly bigger drones only in the countryside and mountains.
The new drone is called the Mavic 3 Classic. Its kind of right in between the Air 2S and the Mavic 3 but it has a lot of the same features and camera specs of the Mavic 3. Here is the US we don't have the restriction on where we can fly over 250g drones. The only real difference is under 250g drones don't need to be registered with FAA and the operator doesn't need the TRUST certificate. The registration for the drones over 250g is online and costs $5 for 3 years and the TRUST certificate course was online and took about 20 minutes. Once you have done those 2 things the over 250g drones can fly everywhere the under 250g can fly which is why I went with the Air 2S. In the UK though I can see the reason to have and under 250g drone along with a over 250g for countyside/mountain flights.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The new drone is called the Mavic 3 Classic. Its kind of right in between the Air 2S and the Mavic 3 but it has a lot of the same features and camera specs of the Mavic 3. Here is the US we don't have the restriction on where we can fly over 250g drones. The only real difference is under 250g drones don't need to be registered with FAA and the operator doesn't need the TRUST certificate. The registration for the drones over 250g is online and costs $5 for 3 years and the TRUST certificate course was online and took about 20 minutes. Once you have done those 2 things the over 250g drones can fly everywhere the under 250g can fly which is why I went with the Air 2S. In the UK though I can see the reason to have and under 250g drone along with a over 250g for countyside/mountain flights.

Looks like in US is better law for drone operators. Here we can't fly bigger drones in very crowded places. So having under 250g comes handy.

Mavic 3 must be a heavier drone, probably heavier than air 2s which is good for wind conditions.

We still need to pass small test to get that flyer ID, cost around £10 a year here. Not expensive at all.