Opinion wanted Ciconia repetita

• Thread starter Hans-Trapp
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Hans-Trapp

Hans-Trapp

Mar 5, 2024
Edit my images
No
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
Full-frame
The white stork is one of the emblems of Alsace, the region of which I am (very) proud. It nests on many of the roofs of our villages.
This one flew from my neighbour's barn. I've assembled three photos from a serie to produce this composite, which I hope you'll enjoy.2014-08-15_montage_cigogne.jpg

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I like it. You was lucky to take such photo. What lens have you used herE?

Hans-Trapp

Hans-Trapp

Mar 5, 2024
Edit my images
No
I like it. You was lucky to take such photo. What lens have you used herE?
The storck is one of the most easy to photography among the big birds in our region.
The shoots were taken with a Canon ES 300mm f/4 lens. A beautiful lens that is no more sold by Canon. It was relatively light, very sharp and not so expensive. And it has a really narrow minimal focusing distance of about 1,5 meters that make it suitable for proxi-photography. I use it for most of my dragonflies pictures. And with an adaptator ring, it works perfectly on my R6 MkII.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The storck is one of the most easy to photography among the big birds in our region.
The shoots were taken with a Canon ES 300mm f/4 lens. A beautiful lens that is no more sold by Canon. It was relatively light, very sharp and not so expensive. And it has a really narrow minimal focusing distance of about 1,5 meters that make it suitable for proxi-photography. I use it for most of my dragonflies pictures. And with an adaptator ring, it works perfectly on my R6 MkII.

I own the 70-300mm L lens, which is good. Unfortunately not using it as much. May I ask, how is R6 m2, that's something I'm considering buying, maybe at the end of this year, for my YouTube channel. Is it good camera?

Hans-Trapp

Hans-Trapp

Mar 5, 2024
Edit my images
No
I own the 70-300mm L lens, which is good. Unfortunately not using it as much. May I ask, how is R6 m2, that's something I'm considering buying, maybe at the end of this year, for my YouTube channel. Is it good camera?
I own my R6 mkII since may 2023 and I'm very happy with . But I don't make videos with it for the moment. The Ibis is very good, I like the quality of the photos. The only thong that annoys me is the impossibility to use a flash with the electronic shutter: I had like to use the internal focus-bracketing with strobe lighting and this is impossible.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I own my R6 mkII since may 2023 and I'm very happy with . But I don't make videos with it for the moment. The Ibis is very good, I like the quality of the photos. The only thong that annoys me is the impossibility to use a flash with the electronic shutter: I had like to use the internal focus-bracketing with strobe lighting and this is impossible.

Thanks. I don't plan to take images with it, I do have flash too, again haven't used much but don't want to sell.

What's the battery life?

Hans-Trapp

Hans-Trapp

Mar 5, 2024
Edit my images
No
Thanks. I don't plan to take images with it, I do have flash too, again haven't used much but don't want to sell.

What's the battery life?
It depends on what you do. A session of focus stacking of three hours with 400 or 500 shots and permanent live view will drain my battery fully. Canon claims a video duration of 6 hours.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It depends on what you do. A session of focus stacking of three hours with 400 or 500 shots and permanent live view will drain my battery fully. Canon claims a video duration of 6 hours.

Awesome, does it have focus stacking within the camera? So basically you just download the end photo without needing editing it?

Hooch Turner

Hooch Turner

Mar 9, 2024
Edit my images
No
Lovely image, it looks very natural for a composite, could almost be three sperate birds taking flight!