Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

Opened Game 

Cities

Let's have a bit of fun.

The game is called Cities.

We will travel a bit in time in this thread. Let's see how many cities we can have.
Share the best photo you've taken in a city you've liked so much. You also have to say, why the city must to be visited, and you must convice the next poster to visit the city.

Rules:

• The Photo must be have taken with a Camera. No phone photograpphy here.
  • Only 1 photo per post.
  • Share only 1 city per post.
  • You must write you have chosen this photo and why you have visited the city.

I will start:

My city is Bath

IMG_4945-min.jpg

Why?
I visited the city because I was off on the day, and someone has recommended me to visit the city because it's an old Roman city with amazing and beautiful architecture. And yes, I also love travelling, exploring the unseen.

Why you should visit it?
If you love old Roman towns, great architecture and want to see something unique, I would say Bath is the city to go. But be prepared to spend a bit of money, as the city isn't the cheapest one. You will enjoy the old buildings, the busy high streets, and the old fashion shops. If you like some shopping, then you won't be disappointed. There is a car park in central of the town, not the cheapest one, but affordable. I would personally say, the city it's worth to be visited. If you do visit the city, you should also visit the Roman Baths, I didn't have a change to go, but that's something I would be keen to do on my next trip.

Jack
Jack
A bit about me. Not the best guy to introduce myself. I have been in photography for 5+ years now, and had this passion since I was a kid. I didn't knew about it till I bought my first Camera 7D M2, which I'm using it till present and very happy...
View all 6 featured items
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
My city is Locarno.
DSC_0080_DxO.jpg

Why?
I chose this photo because it is one of my favourites. I don't take many city photos, I prefer to avoid artificial structures.

Why you should visit it?
Locarno is a small town in the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland, Ticino. When visiting Locarno, you can walk through the small alleys as above, enjoy good meals in the restaurants around the central square. This central square, called "Piazza Grande", is where the main films of the Locarno International Film Festival are shown in August. There can be up to 8,000 people at the screenings each evening. It is a town that combines Swiss precision and Italian dolce vita, a very good mix!

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Let's have a bit of fun.

We will travel a bit in time in this thread. Let's see how many cities we can have.
Share the best photo you've taken in a city you've liked so much. You also have to say, why the city must to be visited, and you must convice the next poster to visit the city.

Rules:

• Only 1 photo per post.

I will start:

My city is Bath

View attachment 1577

Why?
I visited the city because I was off on the day, and someone has recommended me to visit the city because it's an old Roman city with amazing and beautiful architecture. And yes, I also love travelling, exploring the unseen.

Why you should visit it?
If you love old Roman towns, great architecture and want to see something unique, I would say Bath is the city to go. But be prepared to spend a bit of money, as the city isn't the cheapest one. You will enjoy the old buildings, the busy high streets, and the old fashion shops. If you like some shopping, then you won't be disappointed. There is a car park in central of the town, not the cheapest one, but affordable. I would personally say, the city it's worth to be visited. If you do visit the city, you should also visit the Roman Baths, I didn't have a change to go, but that's something I would be keen to do on my next trip.
Bath is the English city I know best as I stayed there for work for 3 months in 1997.

At that time I was working in Switzerland in a cancer research institute and my English boss at the time returned to his country having obtained a professorship at Bath University. I went to help him set up his new laboratory. It's a beautiful city and the area is also beautiful.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Bath is the English city I know best as I stayed there for work for 3 months in 1997.

At that time I was working in Switzerland in a cancer research institute and my English boss at the time returned to his country having obtained a professorship at Bath University. I went to help him set up his new laboratory. It's a beautiful city and the area is also beautiful.

Yes It is. I have more images of the city, but the one above, is the best in my opinion.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

Morexp57 love the image and your short right up on the place. Who puts the plants down the street? Is it the residents, or the authorities?

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Let's have a bit of fun.

Rules:
  • Only 1 photo per post.
I will start:
My city is Bath
Why?

Why you should visit it?
I have family history in Bath, as my great-grandmother married a Montagu, who had a high standing in Bath (not the Bishop of Bath and Wells as far I know of). It was a wedding that Montagu's family didn't approve of, as my great-grandmother was the maid! Scandal in Bath!

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

Morexp57 love the image and your short right up on the place. Who puts the plants down the street? Is it the residents, or the authorities?

Frankly, I don't know. But I imagine that for the plants on the left, it could be either the merchants who sell olive oil (there is a sign above the plants) or the city authorities. On the right, if I remember correctly, they are small palm trees growing on the floor, on a balcony. So these are the residents' plants.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Only 1 city for me and thats Bangkok.

2017 Thailand 487_2048.jpg

Why?
For me, this photo sums up the best way to travel around and see the sights. The Chao Praya river runs through the heart of the city and with multiple Klong's (canals) spreading throughout the suburbs, it is so easy to get around by boat, without too much congestion, and what is more relaxing than a river boat ride.

Why you should visit?
Oh come on... It's Bangkok !!
The greatest street food in the world, fabulous non-street food, amazing culture, super friendly local hospitality, incredible heritage sites to visit, great nightlife, some wonderful architecture, buddhism at its best, absolutely amazing foot massages, peaceful, great shopping..
In fact everything except Yul Brynner :)

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Frankly, I don't know. But I imagine that for the plants on the left, it could be either the merchants who sell olive oil (there is a sign above the plants) or the city authorities. On the right, if I remember correctly, they are small palm trees growing on the floor, on a balcony. So these are the residents' plants.
I was just curious. I like to see plants in built-up areas, it breaks up the line of concrete, glass and brick

ruedas

ruedas

Oct 19, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Madrid, La Plaza Mayor.

Madrid is a city where I lived for several years, I met my wife there, it is a very elegant city without the exuberance of Barcelona or the flamboyance of Seville
Let's have a bit of fun.

Rules:

• Only 1 photo per post.

I will start:

My city is Bath

View attachment 1577

Why?

Why you should visit it?
I lived in Bath for a few years, us young tearaways used to swim just there and slide down the weir.

Picture 079crop (3).jpg

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Madrid, La Plaza Mayor.

Madrid is a city where I lived for several years, I met my wife there, it is a very elegant city without the exuberance of Barcelona or the flamboyance of Seville

I lived in Bath for a few years, us young tearaways used to swim just there and slide down the weir.

View attachment 1620
Beautiful photo. Maybe I should visit Madrid as well. Bath has its unique vibe, but expensive.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Glad to see you're posting. Love the light being soft at the top of the arch and slowly exposing the architecture.

ruedas

ruedas

Oct 19, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hamburg is an intriguing city with many contrasts, we have family there and have visited on a couple of occasions:
hamburg1 (2).jpg

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hamburg is an intriguing city with many contrasts, we have family there and have visited on a couple of occasions:
Good clarity and detail, with a good story added on!

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This is a stitch up; no, it really is. I took two images from the mini roundabout, pointing either way of course. This is a small Welsh town in Ceredigion, called Lampeter. It is mainly unspoilt, as the population hasn't grown that madly, it hasn't taken away its charm, like most places.

Lampeter-2009 small town Ceredigion.jpg