General Do you wear eyeglasses ?

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello again.

Odd question, do you wear glasses?

I just had to check my eyes last week and order new glasses.

So sad, I got - 2.75 😔. Now thinking about eye correction with a laser.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello again.

i don't about glasses and eye problems, luckily they do still well. Hope you'll do well!

O

oscar118

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I used to, but I had cataract surgery (ocular lens replacement) last year and now I use eyeglasses just if I need to to look at very small things or for night driving. Very happy with the surgery outcome.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello again.

Yes, I wear glasses when I work at my computer screen and when I drive because I am short-sighted in one eye. My wife had laser surgery several years ago and she is very happy.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Not odd at all.

I do not wear but I'm sure that if I go to an ophthalmologist he will give me a pair of glasses... 😂

I'm sure that I have astigmatism in one eye and myopia. I'll have to check my sighting.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Not odd at all.

I do not wear but I'm sure that if I go to an ophthalmologist he will give me a pair of glasses... 😂

I'm sure that I have astigmatism in one eye and myopia. I'll have to check my sighting.

I'm sure when we'll get older, we all need glasses 🤣

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If I decide to do eye surgery, do I will have to do it again in the future ? O oscar118 Morexp57 Morexp57

Here in UK from what I’ve seen, the price is around £600/per eye.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Not odd at all.

You should look after your eyes, I haven’t been to eye test for 2 years, and thought it’s Worth paying them a visit again. :D

O

oscar118

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If I decide to do eye surgery, do I will have to do it again in the future ? O oscar118 Morexp57 Morexp57

I suppose it depends upon what caused the surgery. In my case, (cataracts), the original eye lens gets cloudy and is replaced by a plastic one. I do not expect the plastic lens to have the same problem anytime. (I am 65)

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I suppose it depends upon what caused the surgery. In my case, (cataracts), the original eye lens gets cloudy and is replaced by a plastic one. I do not expect the plastic lens to have the same problem anytime. (I am 65)

Alright, I will have to book an examination first, before doing eye surgery. But I'm 28 and having this issue, is a bit early to have - 2.75 on both eyes.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

My wife had myopia surgery several years ago (I don't remember exactly how long ago, but it was several years before we met in 2000) and had to have her eyesight corrected a second time in 2009, following a stroke. So, most likely, she would not have had to have a second operation if she had not had the stroke.
In any case, she is very happy that she no longer needs to wear glasses and she has excellent vision.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
You should look after your eyes, I haven’t been to eye test for 2 years, and thought it’s Worth paying them a visit again. :D
Yes, Jack Jack is right, it is prudent to have an eye examination from time to time. Intraocular pressure is particularly important to monitor because glaucoma causes blindness. For a photographer this is especially annoying! 😎😳

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Till then, we have to enjoy our life :D l and most important is to look after our health.
Of course it's still a time for that..🤣🤣 . But yes we need to care about yourself right now to enjoy longer life 😁

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I have to visit a doctor to check my eyes. That's for sure. You are right. Health above all.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
My wife had myopia surgery several years ago (I don't remember exactly how long ago, but it was several years before we met in 2000) and had to have her eyesight corrected a second time in 2009, following a stroke. So, most likely, she would not have had to have a second operation if she had not had the stroke.
In any case, she is very happy that she no longer needs to wear glasses and she has excellent vision.

Thanks for the information, I will visit my local eye doctor to check what I would need. So usually the it's just 1 operation and that's it? I thought if I'll do once, maybe in 10 years I might have to do it again.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have to visit a doctor to check my eyes. That's for sure. You are right. Health above all.

Better to realise now that health is really important than ever. I haven't visited a gp for 2 years, and now thinking to make an appointment.

Because of our life routine, we don't really pay much attention to our health.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks for the information, I will visit my local eye doctor to check what I would need. So usually the it's just 1 operation and that's it? I thought if I'll do once, maybe in 10 years I might have to do it again.
Consulting your ophthalmologist is indeed the right thing to do. Since you are young, you might want to wait a little while for your presbyopia to develop a bit so that you don't have to have a second surgery a few years later 🙂

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Consulting your ophthalmologist is indeed the right thing to do. Since you are young, you might want to wait a little while for your presbyopia to develop a bit so that you don't have to have a second surgery a few years later 🙂

Mmm, thanks for the advice. So if I'll do it now, I might need it again in the future? 🤔

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Mmm, thanks for the advice. So if I'll do it now, I might need it again in the future? 🤔
I am not a doctor... The best thing is for you to see an ophthalmologist.