Opinion wanted Early autumn in the Jorat Woods, Switzerland

• Thread starter Morexp57
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Camera type
Mirrorless camera
Camera sensor
Full-frame
Thursday morning I went for a walk in the Bois du Jorat, near my home, and the atmosphere was very autumnal. There was some mist for the mysterious mood, it was perfect.
PLR_1817_DXO.jpg

ISO 64, f/11.0, 1/1 s, 24 mm

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I like the misty background Morexp57, but i find my eyes wandering all over the image for something to lock onto but not really finding anything as a focal point.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I like the misty background Morexp57, but i find my eyes wandering all over the image for something to lock onto but not really finding anything as a focal point.
Thank you Andy Smith Andy Smith, it is always quite difficult to isolate a subject in the forest. Maybe I should have tried to open my lens more to detach the ferns from the background. I tried to draw the eye a bit by lightening the background behind the two biggest ferns.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thank you Andy Smith Andy Smith, it is always quite difficult to isolate a subject in the forest. Maybe I should have tried to open my lens more to detach the ferns from the background. I tried to draw the eye a bit by lightening the background behind the two biggest ferns.
It is never easy as you say in wooded areas like this. I am drawn to the misty background though through the trees in between the ferns, as there seems to be a natural pathway through there, and I love the roots on the larger tree to the left of centre. Maybe a tighter crop would draw the eyes in more?