Critique wanted Edinburgh Castle

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
EXIF
ISO 250
30sec
F/11
7D M2
I took this photo while I was staying in Edinburgh for couple of day. This is a long exposure picture.

599A6377-min.jpg

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Lovely warm colors and nice tight composition.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Nice shot Jack, I like the contrasting blue and orange colors, they always go well together, and they make this an interesting image. The centre of the image is brighter than the edges which draws you in which is nice also.
If I had to nit pick, I would have probably taken a second short exposure of the flag and blended that in post so it was as crisp as the rest of the image, and maybe cloned out the two bright star trails as they catch my attention a bit.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice shot Jack, I like the contrasting blue and orange colors, they always go well together, and they make this an interesting image. The centre of the image is brighter than the edges which draws you in which is nice also.
If I had to nit pick, I would have probably taken a second short exposure of the flag and blended that in post so it was as crisp as the rest of the image, and maybe cloned out the two bright star trails as they catch my attention a bit.
Thanks Andy Smith Andy Smith .I was a bit in hurry as well, as It was very cold outside :D. The colours of the castle were great that night . I could change the sky in Luminar and change the composition.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thanks Andy Smith Andy Smith .I was a bit in hurry as well, as It was very cold outside :D. The colours of the castle were great that night . I could change the sky in Luminar and change the composition.
yeah it can get a bit uncomfortable when it's cold.
I wouldn't change the sky or composition to be honest, but I would maybe try the healing brush to remove those two bright star trails.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
yeah it can get a bit uncomfortable when it's cold.
I wouldn't change the sky or composition to be honest, but I would maybe try the healing brush to remove those two bright star trails.
Agree, maybe I might try to remove them. You’d like to see the sky entire dark ?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Agree, maybe I might try to remove them. You’d like to see the sky entire dark ?
Personally I like the dark sky but a few stars would be nice if they were sharp rather than elongated, which is a tough call from a single exposure I know unless you look at blending a couple of images in post.