Photo editing Embossing on old 5x4 silver image

• Thread starter lightmuncher
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

This topic is opened to chat about photo editing softwares.
lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This again was taken by 5x4 negative. Steve and I took a picture of a Triumph Bonneville 750cc in 1975 at Reading college's car park. My Honda 250cc was on the other side and I fancied a T B 750cc which is why I wanted to take this image. As you know in the digital world, embossing needs lines, and this was a perfect image for it. When you develop the negative, you then make a positive negative. Basically a contact print onto another 5x4. When both dry, you align the images, and then slightly misalign them by a fraction. Tape them in position and chuck it under the enlarger, and make your image. If not happy readjust the alignment until you are happy! And it will look like this......
I hope you enjoy the techniques that were used in the analogue days.................................

How to get an embossed image 1976 5x4 negative.jpg

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks for this post lightmuncher lightmuncher. I believe this will be good on resource page. Unfortunately we don't have one yet here šŸ˜….

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks for this post lightmuncher lightmuncher. I believe this will be good on resource page. Unfortunately we don't have one yet here šŸ˜….
I put it up as more historical, as many won't have these resources now as they use to. So you need a pro bellows 5x4, which you can get a digital version I believe. These bellowed adjustable cameras are the best tool for architecture, due to enormous amount of adjustments it can achieve. Also the fact that the detail is just overwhelming, due to the large format.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I put it up as more historical, as many won't have these resources now as they use to. So you need a pro bellows 5x4, which you can get a digital version I believe. These bellowed adjustable cameras are the best tool for architecture, due to enormous amount of adjustments it can achieve. Also the fact that the detail is just overwhelming, due to the large format.

I believe these cameras are also very heavy and big as well.