Photography Equipment in your wish list

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Interesting topic to talk, as everyone wants to buy new lens, camera , maybe a drone or new tripod.

what equipment is in your wish list?

That’s my wish list:
  • Canon RP mirrorless full frame camera
  • canon 100-400mm II L
  • Canon 50mm f1.2

How about you ?

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Oh what a nice topic!

Well here we go. My wish list is:
Short Term
  • Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 G2 or Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 used in great condition (new is very expensive)
  • If I buy one of the above lenses then a Filter Holder and set of NDs
  • Tamron 100-400mm or 70-200mm f/2.8
Long Term and if I manage it
  • Nikon Z9 (it is very expensive)

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Interesting topic,
My Wishlist at the moment just consists of a decent A3 photo printer, am thinking of Epson but more research and cost analysis is required first.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Interesting topic,
My Wishlist at the moment just consists of a decent A3 photo printer, am thinking of Epson but more research and cost analysis is required first.

Seems you want to go into business :D. Never checked them, are they expensive ?

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Oh what a nice topic!

Well here we go. My wish list is:
Short Term
  • Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 G2 or Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 used in great condition (new is very expensive)
  • If I buy one of the above lenses then a Filter Holder and set of NDs
  • Tamron 100-400mm or 70-200mm f/2.8
Long Term and if I manage it
  • Nikon Z9 (it is very expensive)

That's a good list panos_adgr panos_adgr , planning to buy them all brand new or second hand?

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
That's a good list panos_adgr panos_adgr , planning to buy them all brand new or second hand?
Well I'm planning to buy the Tamron brand new but I can find it used for 700-750 euros mint and that's a good deal. But for 750 euros I can find the Nikkor used as well. So I haven't decided yet. It will be determined for sure by impulse in a given situation of opportunity.
I was planning to buy the Tamron a couple of months ago but I decided instead of buying the lens to buy a second Nikon D850 body. So I will be patient for some time until I buy one of the above lenses. I'm so amazed of the D850 (I already own the first body for 3 years) that I want to stay with it for many years. Dynamic range, noise, Image quality, detail, colours are so amazing that this camera exceeds my expectations. So I'm planning to stay with this system for many years as I own other DSLR Nikon bodies.

But the next camera I would like to have is a Z9. Not that I needed. It is more as dream or want to have, object. The price is high and I will surely not spent the amount if I have other more important priorities. I finance my hobby in a way that it doesn't affect in any case my obligations and priorities.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Seems you want to go into business :D. Never checked them, are they expensive ?
Not too concerned with going into business Jack, am just fed up with getting poor quality prints from local printers or from online print shops here in Thailand. I have a couple more printer shops to test here in the local city, recommended by the local photography club a few days ago - so hopefully they can do a decent job, or I will buy a printer and do it myself.
I have a lot of empty wall space at home, and want some nice images to hang.
Printers are a a few hundred pounds and above I believe, depending on model and quality etc - and then you have the continuous supply of ink to buy.. :) which is why I prefer to find a goor, reliable local print house I can deal with instead.

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
Well I'm planning to buy the Tamron brand new but I can find it used for 700-750 euros mint and that's a good deal. But for 750 euros I can find the Nikkor used as well. So I haven't decided yet. It will be determined for sure by impulse in a given situation of opportunity.
I was planning to buy the Tamron a couple of months ago but I decided instead of buying the lens to buy a second Nikon D850 body. So I will be patient for some time until I buy one of the above lenses. I'm so amazed of the D850 (I already own the first body for 3 years) that I want to stay with it for many years. Dynamic range, noise, Image quality, detail, colours are so amazing that this camera exceeds my expectations. So I'm planning to stay with this system for many years as I own other DSLR Nikon bodies.

But the next camera I would like to have is a Z9. Not that I needed. It is more as dream or want to have, object. The price is high and I will surely not spent the amount if I have other more important priorities. I finance my hobby in a way that it doesn't affect in any case my obligations and priorities.
Every photographer wants a Z9 🤣. I dont even shoot Nikon and I want one. I think its the best flagship camera around beating Sony's a1 and Canon's R3 both of which are incredible cameras. I hear there are people making serious $$$ by just reselling them, they are in short supply and high demand. I'm wrapped Nikon stepped up, the Z cameras were very nice but the Z9 is another level.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Every photographer wants a Z9 🤣. I dont even shoot Nikon and I want one. I think its the best flagship camera around beating Sony's a1 and Canon's R3 both of which are incredible cameras. I hear there are people making serious $$$ by just reselling them, they are in short supply and high demand. I'm wrapped Nikon stepped up, the Z cameras were very nice but the Z9 is another level.
I find it quite reasonable for the Z9 to be so popular. The Z9 is more of an object of desire and not something which I need. I already have good bodies that cover my needs. It is a great camera.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
A printer is something which I often tnink of. I would like to see a future update of yours on your printer choice.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
At the moment i don't have a wish list. Only trying to find a good used full frame lens for the a7rii. I don't want another camera, very happy with the a7rii and it has less then 7000 clicks on it at the moment.

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
A new tripod is sounding very good for me. I have been using a metal tripod for about 3 years, its great but too heavy for longer walking sessions. The only other thing I have been looking at is a Zeiss Sony 55mm F1.8 ZA lens which I've wanted for a while.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
A new tripod is sounding very good for me. I have been using a metal tripod for about 3 years, its great but too heavy for longer walking sessions. The only other thing I have been looking at is a Zeiss Sony 55mm F1.8 ZA lens which I've wanted for a while.
I almost never use a tripod. I have one, an old Velbon DV-30. Got it for free from neighbour who lives 4 houses down the road. But in the last 2 years i used it maybe 6 or 7 times.

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
I almost never use a tripod. I have one, an old Velbon DV-30. Got it for free from neighbour who lives 4 houses down the road. But in the last 2 years i used it maybe 6 or 7 times.
When they are needed they are invaluable the rest of the time its just more gear to carry and buy 😂. It's a very good item to have as they can expand the things you can do. Weight is always an issue.

TMG1961

TMG1961

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
When they are needed they are invaluable the rest of the time its just more gear to carry and buy 😂. It's a very good item to have as they can expand the things you can do. Weight is always an issue.
Weight is always an issue. I just checked mine and it weighs 1512 grams so not a lightweight tripod.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Not too concerned with going into business Jack, am just fed up with getting poor quality prints from local printers or from online print shops here in Thailand. I have a couple more printer shops to test here in the local city, recommended by the local photography club a few days ago - so hopefully they can do a decent job, or I will buy a printer and do it myself.
I have a lot of empty wall space at home, and want some nice images to hang.
Printers are a a few hundred pounds and above I believe, depending on model and quality etc - and then you have the continuous supply of ink to buy.. :) which is why I prefer to find a goor, reliable local print house I can deal with instead.

Alright, I thought you want to open a printing service business, which is good idea.

I have never tried to print my images, so can't say much about it. But I can a printer at home, and I can confirm that the ink is very expensive, and doesn't last long.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

The thing is, once you sold the equipment you don't need, you end up regretting and need it 😅