Photography Equipment prices

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Oh everyone has different needs so we have so many brands on markets and so lot of different cameras and lenses...
I'm very happy with Olympus, newdays OM Systems, it's giving me fully all I need! I still enjoy my OM Mark 10 III ! It's small I can get every where I need! Same as my favourite lenses, they travel all the time with me! Because I'm waiting for THE moments nature gives me! I would be never happy with have and big full frames cameras of another producents šŸ˜”. When I'll decide to buy another one new camera one day, it will be surely another Olympus! Same as I have a long list of lenses I want to buy in the future... šŸ˜. I'm so happy with Olympus!
This is called brand loyalty. Olympus is a great system with very innovative technology and great optics!

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This is called brand loyalty. Olympus is a great system with very innovative technology and great optics!

Yeah exactly! I agree with the great optic and good technology šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘ in small cameras and lenses so many functions, it's an incredible technology! šŸ¤©šŸ™

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Exactly.

For the same reason and for others as well, I do not want to migrate to a mirrorless system. There is no real reason to sell my DSLRS and migrate to mirrorless. No reason at all. For the kind of photography I do there is no benefit in going mirrorless and migrating to much more expensive system that will offer me no added value ot tech.

To be honest I love my old heavy 7d m2, when I take a photo, I can feel the camera in my hand.

I have an other camera mirrorless M50 which I bought it for my girlfriend. And to be honest, it doesn't feel the same at all.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
To be honest I love my old heavy 7d m2, when I take a photo, I can feel the camera in my hand.

I have an other camera mirrorless M50 which I bought it for my girlfriend. And to be honest, it doesn't feel the same at all.
It is very important for your 'tool' to feel 'ok' in the hand as well as being efficient enough for your work.
I'm also a bit of 'the old school' with cameras. But anyway this is something quit subjective to every photographer.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It is very important for your 'tool' to feel 'ok' in the hand as well as being efficient enough for your work.
I'm also a bit of 'the old school' with cameras. But anyway this is something quit subjective to every photographer.

Agree with you. I think every photography company now will focus on mirrorless cameras. These will bring them more cash.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Agree with you. I think every photography company now will focus on mirrorless cameras. These will bring them more cash.
I think the big and heavy cameras and lenses time has been over šŸ˜„

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
No. That's not the market trend. Companies are focused more on full frame and we see lot of medium format cameras entering the market more dynamically. The big players like Canon Sony and Nikon have reduced the crop camera systems developing more and more the full frame format. Even Panasonic / lumix has moved to full frame who was a micro4/3 key player. Olympus was also sold as a result of declined market sales. Nikon was also in a bad position until it entered mirrorless market with its first full frame models. The fact that big expensive chuncy mirrorless models from the big companies sell off and back orders are stacked for months shows the direction of consumers, despite the clickbait youtubers that shout all the time trying to shape the consumers with no results anymore....

Money is no on premium or hi-end strategy products with high margins and kind of less sales.

Every big expensive model is sold of.
A great example was the fujifilm gfx 100 with 11.000ā‚¬ euro cost and real sales demand triple than it was predicted. Same with flagship Canons Nikon (Z9) Sonys and others.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No. That's not the market trend. Companies are focused more on full frame and we see lot of medium format cameras entering the market more dynamically. The big players like Canon Sony and Nikon have reduced the crop camera systems developing more and more the full frame format. Even Panasonic / lumix has moved to full frame who was a micro4/3 key player. Olympus was also sold as a result of declined market sales. Nikon was also in a bad position until it entered mirrorless market with its first full frame models. The fact that big expensive chuncy mirrorless models from the big companies sell off and back orders are stacked for months shows the direction of consumers, despite the clickbait youtubers that shout all the time trying to shape the consumers with no results anymore....

Money is no on premium or hi-end strategy products with high margins and kind of less sales.

Every big expensive model is sold of.
A great example was the fujifilm gfx 100 with 11.000ā‚¬ euro cost and real sales demand triple than it was predicted. Same with flagship Canons Nikon (Z9) Sonys and others.

Maybe yes... but I know a lot of photographers especially nature and wildlife ,who has changed all equipments to croppeds especially to Olympus, and they never looked back, they say how easy life they have now! Very high image quality and great opportunities in smaller and lighter Olympus cameras and lenses!

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

Donā€™t think so. Photographers are different, obviously totally depending on the market demand as panos_adgr panos_adgr mentioned above. But some photographers still prefer big cameras over full frame. Donā€™t forget, not everyone can afford an expensive mirror less camera.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Donā€™t think so. Photographers are different, obviously totally depending on the market demand as panos_adgr panos_adgr mentioned above. But some photographers still prefer big cameras over full frame. Donā€™t forget, not everyone can afford an expensive mirror less camera.
Generally prices have gone up since the market moved from dslr to mirrorless cameras. Prices have gone up for both crop and full frame models. The most crazy part is the insane price increase in micro 4/3 format. A mid line model or a high line model priced at the same level as a high performance full frame model. By these means there is no logic... especially in the form to price factor. You buy the Olympus omd em 1 latest version for 2000+ euros and at the same money you can buy a full frame Sony Canon and nikon. For 1100 about you can buy an entry level full frame with enormous benefits in image quality such as signal to noise ratio or dynamic range and at the same time you can choose a crop or micro 4/3 camera with great technology but not at the same level.

What I want to say is more on the side of where companies are driving the market.

It is clear. The trend is excellent marketing wit premium outfit that will sell double or triple the price from past models but with low or insignificant performance margins for the final users. Nikon Sony and Olympus are using the same sensors the last five years.... Only Canon changed sensors and upgraded its camera performance. Yet the first mentioned companies changed their outfits and sell more expensive. I exclude the Z9 which was priced low in order to put nikon in the game again. Strategic choice.

Companies aim for premium products with high margin and less sales. Sales are less anyway in camera market.

It's a path that all the industry is following. There is less interest in consumer products. Since dslr left the market so did the cheap entry level crop cameras with 300 or 400 euros.... Now you have to pay more!

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Generally prices have gone up since the market moved from dslr to mirrorless cameras. Prices have gone up for both crop and full frame models. The most crazy part is the insane price increase in micro 4/3 format. A mid line model or a high line model priced at the same level as a high performance full frame model. By these means there is no logic... especially in the form to price factor. You buy the Olympus omd em 1 latest version for 2000+ euros and at the same money you can buy a full frame Sony Canon and nikon. For 1100 about you can buy an entry level full frame with enormous benefits in image quality such as signal to noise ratio or dynamic range and at the same time you can choose a crop or micro 4/3 camera with great technology but not at the same level.

What I want to say is more on the side of where companies are driving the market.

It is clear. The trend is excellent marketing wit premium outfit that will sell double or triple the price from past models but with low or insignificant performance margins for the final users. Nikon Sony and Olympus are using the same sensors the last five years.... Only Canon changed sensors and upgraded its camera performance. Yet the first mentioned companies changed their outfits and sell more expensive. I exclude the Z9 which was priced low in order to put nikon in the game again. Strategic choice.

Companies aim for premium products with high margin and less sales. Sales are less anyway in camera market.

It's a path that all the industry is following. There is less interest in consumer products. Since dslr left the market so did the cheap entry level crop cameras with 300 or 400 euros.... Now you have to pay more!

That's true, companies want more money. I checked my camera and lenses on Canon website, most of them are discontinued or not available, example 70-300mm L version is not available, an other expensive speedlite I have purchased from them is the same, not available. I also have looked for LP battery for my 7D M2 and is not available, looks like I have to go for third party batteries.

What I'm trying to say, Is that they will keep only the most expensive DSLR cameras, and focusing more on mirrorless cameras.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
That's true, companies want more money. I checked my camera and lenses on Canon website, most of them are discontinued or not available, example 70-300mm L version is not available, an other expensive speedlite I have purchased from them is the same, not available. I also have looked for LP battery for my 7D M2 and is not available, looks like I have to go for third party batteries.

What I'm trying to say, Is that they will keep only the most expensive DSLR cameras, and focusing more on mirrorless cameras.
Exactly.
The switch to mirrorless was the great chance.... Anyways... I have a very big DSLR Full frame system now and I'm not planning to switch to mirrorless for quite some years ahead. As for lenses the market is full of great 2nd hand chances.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Exactly.
The switch to mirrorless was the great chance.... Anyways... I have a very big DSLR Full frame system now and I'm not planning to switch to mirrorless for quite some years ahead. As for lenses the market is full of great 2nd hand chances.

I always prefer to buy brand new equipment, especially lenses as these are really important part of the kit. My DSRL is a crop camera :D

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I always prefer to buy brand new equipment, especially lenses as these are really important part of the kit. My DSRL is a crop camera :D

I always buy camera bodies new. In the case of lenses I do buy second hand but they must be in pristine condition and I prefer from shops to get a warranty.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I always buy camera bodies new. In the case of lenses I do buy second hand but they must be in pristine condition and I prefer from shops to get a warranty.

Even with lenses, I will go for brand new. You never know if these has been refurbished or no. At the end of the day, lenses are delivering the end photo.