Photography Feeling of bad editing

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Have you ever felt that your photo editing skills need to be improved when looking at other's photographer's images? I was looking at some of my images and then I saw some other image's on google and I have a feeling that I'm doing well when editing images.

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
Have you ever felt that your photo editing skills need to be improved when looking at other's photographer's images? I was looking at some of my images and then I saw some other image's on google and I have a feeling that I'm doing well when editing images.
When I see some more advanced photoshop techniques being used I wish I had some of those skills but for me overall I do ok on Photoshop, sometimes it takes me longer than I would like but I get there eventually šŸ˜†. Editing is a funny thing and there are lots of views on it. For me, I'm not a purist, i like to tinker and I have a saying - Your best photo can be better with a few mins of editing. Landscape specifically lends itself to more creative edits and techniques. I used to stick to the more natural look in an edit but since then I am more of a what I see and feel type when it comes to landscape, for me this style still leans on natural but is a lot more liberating and hearing that a landcape photographer does not need to show what he saw but rather their interpretation of it was an eureka moment for me.

If i want to enhance a part of picture using something like dodge and burn I'm all for it. Leading the viewers eye towards what you want them to see and away from what you dont want them to see is what a good edit should do. I could go on and on about others techniques HDR (which I used to avoid like the plague šŸ¤£), light painting, etc. They all have their use in the right place and context.

There are still photographers that think any kind of editing is not acceptable, that it takes away from the art, to each their own I guess.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
When I see some more advanced photoshop techniques being used I wish I had some of those skills but for me overall I do ok on Photoshop, sometimes it takes me longer than I would like but I get there eventually šŸ˜†. Editing is a funny thing and there are lots of views on it. For me, I'm not a purist, i like to tinker and I have a saying - Your best photo can be better with a few mins of editing. Landscape specifically lends itself to more creative edits and techniques. I used to stick to the more natural look in an edit but since then I am more of a what I see and feel type when it comes to landscape, for me this style still leans on natural but is a lot more liberating and hearing that a landcape photographer does not need to show what he saw but rather their interpretation of it was an eureka moment for me.
I don't really use Photoshop much, especially when editing images. I use PS when I have to create a logo, or other photo files.

Most of times I use Lightroom to edit my photos. But when I see other's photographer's work, I'm a bit getting gelous, as they achieved better results than me šŸ˜….

I like in the images to be colourful and show a bit of life.
There are still photographers that think any kind of editing is not acceptable, that it takes away from the art, to each their own I guess.
I haven't seen yet any images without being edited or retouched. That's more old school photography.