General Forums vs social medias

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
An other off topic discussion.

Seems that forums aren't really popular at the moment. Everyone is focused on Social Media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook or twitter.

I think forums aren't longer suitable for people, especially younger generations which are looking more for quick reply, quick conversation and not much taking time to give back.

Not saying that I'm old, but older generation are more used to forums than younger generation.

What do you think about it. Are forums still valuable platforms or there aren't really a lot of room for forum communities?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I think Forums still have a place, especially for those with a real interest in the subject.
For me, I like being part of forums as it's not about collecting 'likes' it is about being part of a small community and learning from other likeminded people.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I think Forums still have a place, especially for those with a real interest in the subject.
For me, I like being part of forums as it's not about collecting 'likes' it is about being part of a small community and learning from other likeminded people.

Yes I do agree, forums probably have some small place only. I don't think younger generations are very into forums, as most of them are focused on quick conversations.

As you said, depending on the niche. Forums are much more harder to grow nowadays than it was years ago.