Hello from Aberdeenshire, Scotland! 👋

• Thread starter Melissajane
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

Melissajane

Melissajane

Nov 10, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello,
I'm Melissa from Aberdeenshire in Scotland....although I'm actually from Yorkshire originally.
I'm a professional photographer for a business called Sassenach Photography, if you're a frequent social media user you may have seen some of our work.

I am a nature photographer, but I'm about to start a new project - historical architectural photography. So if anybody focuses on architectural photography, I would love some tips & tricks!

Here is a recent image I took at Uath Lochans, Cairngorms. Woke up early and captured the sunrise here. The autumnal colours were stunning! There was fog rolling through the area too which just added so much atmosphere!
I did take some wider shots, but I absolutely love a telephoto shot. It feels more personal to me. So I noticed this little scene and it deserved some attention!

(Unfortunately I can't share the full quality image, but you can get the jist of the moment I captured!)

Camera: Sony A7R
Lens: Sony 24-240mm
Focal length: 191mm
Aperture: f16
Shutter Speed: 1/3s
ISO: 100

Screenshot_2022-11-10-08-39-33-84_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello Melissajane Melissajane

What a beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing, and feel free to share more.

A warm welcome to our small community for landscape photographers, we aren't huge, but we pretty much know each other on this forum and we do respect each other.

If you have any questions regarding the forum, please ask, I will more than happy to help you.

I'm also professional photographer providing photography services, but only as a freelance. Unfortunately I'm not on social media sites as its time consuming.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Hi and welcome Melissajane, you have an interesting project lined up and I am looking forward to seeing some of the images you produce with that historical feel.

Melissajane

Melissajane

Nov 10, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi and welcome Melissajane, you have an interesting project lined up and I am looking forward to seeing some of the images you produce with that historical feel.
Hi!
Let's hope I can get some good results, I have a knack for imagining many things...it's just actually making those real 😂

Melissajane

Melissajane

Nov 10, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello Melissajane Melissajane

What a beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing, and feel free to share more.

A warm welcome to our small community for landscape photographers, we aren't huge, but we pretty much know each other on this forum and we do respect each other.

If you have any questions regarding the forum, please ask, I will more than happy to help you.

I'm also professional photographer providing photography services, but only as a freelance. Unfortunately I'm not on social media sites as its time consuming.
Hi Jack,
Thank you 😊 I'll definitely try share more!
Where are you based?

Melissajane

Melissajane

Nov 10, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
North Yorkshire. :)
Oh lovely! You'll have the Yorkshire Moors to play out in! I miss the area, haven't been back to Yorkshire for many years now

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Oh lovely! You'll have the Yorkshire Moors to play out in! I miss the area, haven't been back to Yorkshire for many years now
Yes, but most of the times I'm going to Yorkshire Dales to fly my drones and take pictures as well

M

mamba8606

Oct 19, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello,
I'm Melissa from Aberdeenshire in Scotland....although I'm actually from Yorkshire originally.
I'm a professional photographer for a business called Sassenach Photography, if you're a frequent social media user you may have seen some of our work.

I am a nature photographer, but I'm about to start a new project - historical architectural photography. So if anybody focuses on architectural photography, I would love some tips & tricks!

Here is a recent image I took at Uath Lochans, Cairngorms. Woke up early and captured the sunrise here. The autumnal colours were stunning! There was fog rolling through the area too which just added so much atmosphere!
I did take some wider shots, but I absolutely love a telephoto shot. It feels more personal to me. So I noticed this little scene and it deserved some attention!

(Unfortunately I can't share the full quality image, but you can get the jist of the moment I captured!)

Camera: Sony A7R
Lens: Sony 24-240mm
Focal length: 191mm
Aperture: f16
Shutter Speed: 1/3s
ISO: 100

View attachment 1133
What a lovley picture... i like the spot, litten by the sun, i guess... looks amazing!