Hello From Tokyo

• Thread starter paullb514
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This is a very nice video!
One of the first photographers who got me interested in landscape photography was Shinzo Maeda and his beautiful photos of Japan.
welcome to the forum!

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Japan certainly does have some wonderful scenery to catch the eye, and some great architecture too.
Welcome to the forum paullb514, and nicely done on the video.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Welcome P paullb514 in our community!
Nice video!
What a story. You are from Canada and you are a Japan resident. Great experience it is.
Japan must be very very beautiful.

P

paullb514

Mar 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Japan certainly does have some wonderful scenery to catch the eye, and some great architecture too.
Welcome to the forum paullb514, and nicely done on the video.
It really does and it changes so quickly as you move around!

P

paullb514

Mar 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This is a very nice video!
One of the first photographers who got me interested in landscape photography was Shinzo Maeda and his beautiful photos of Japan.
welcome to the forum!
I'm a little embarassed to say I didn't know who this was, but I've just gone and looked him up. So much breathtaking landscape photography!

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
Hi and Welcome P paullb514 😀.
Great video, amazing locations. Japan is a beautiful corner of the world. I see you're a drone pilot, very neat! I play with some RC flying toys now and them myself😁 . Nice job on the video edit. Hope to see more of your work 😃

P

paullb514

Mar 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi and Welcome P paullb514 😀.
Great video, amazing locations. Japan is a beautiful corner of the world. I see you're a drone pilot, very neat! I play with some RC flying toys now and them myself😁 . Nice job on the video edit. Hope to see more of your work 😃
Thanks for that, I'm just starting out but trying! Always looking for feedback and support (and subscribers lol)

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks for that, I'm just starting out but trying! Always looking for feedback and support (and subscribers lol)
Just to make you aware, self promotion are not allowed on forum :). However, feel free to share your YouTube channel on your profile. It's fine as a self introduction, but to avoid spamming, external link to personal sites are prohibited, apart from your profile .

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
I loved the video so I subscribed😀 . If you dont mind I can give you some tips regarding flying and other video concepts that can help you make better videos. My brother and I were flying drones before most people knew what they were. Admitedly most of ours are for racing and acrobatics but I have watched too many drone videos to count and have done some commercial work with DJIs.

P

paullb514

Mar 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I loved the video so I subscribed😀 . If you dont mind I can give you some tips regarding flying and other video concepts that can help you make better videos. My brother and I were flying drones before most people knew what they were. Admitedly most of ours are for racing and acrobatics but I have watched too many drone videos to count and have done some commercial work with DJIs.
Of course! I'd love to get some tips, I still very much consider myself a drone beginner!

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
Of course! I'd love to get some tips, I still very much consider myself a drone beginner!
The first thing I wanted to share is a concept in drone videos called "The Big Reveal". The idea is pretty simple which is try not show your best scenery shots at the start, instead try to build up anticipation by showing glimpses of what is to come, maybe use some ground video of you walking to a spot, or a sign or billboards of the place (entrance), anything which indicates something about the area. You can even fly with camera facing down while you get height and at the right moment, lift the camera for "The Big Reveal" If you have music try to time to the big reveal with the peak/drop whichever young kids call it nowdays😂

The other thing I wanted to recommend is to try to avoid descending while recording. Your drone's propeller disturbs the air creating turbulent air and when you descend into this air it encourages wobbles and vibration in your drone and video. Try instead the opposite which is to ascend and then reverse the video direction. Reversing video is actually a very common technique in drone videos. An often used drone video trick is having the drone descend down and forward quickly from some height up to the subject, person, etc at eye level or so - This is simply a drone starting at eye height in front of the subject and then flown backwards and up, then the video is reversed in edit.

Hope those help, cheers

Last edited:
P

paullb514

Mar 6, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The first thing I wanted to share is a concept in drone videos called "The Big Reveal". The idea is pretty simple which is try not show your best scenery shots at the start, instead try to build up anticipation by showing glimpses of what is to come, maybe use some ground video of you walking to a spot, or a sign or billboards of the place (entrance), anything which indicates something about the area. You can even fly with camera facing down while you get height and at the right moment, lift the camera for the "The Big Reveal" If you have music try to time to the big reveal with the peak/drop whichever young kids call it nowdays😂

The other thing I wanted to recommend is to try to avoid descending while recording. Your drone's propeller disturbs the air creating turbulent air and when you descend into this air it encourages wobbles and vibration in your drone and video. Try instead the opposite which is to ascend and then reverse the video direction. Reversing video is actually a very common technique in drone videos. An often used drone video trick is having the drone descend down and forward quickly from some height up to the subject, person, etc at eye level or so - This is simply a drone starting at eye height in front of the subject and then flown backwards and up, then the video is reversed in edit.

Hope those help, cheers
Thanks for those! Definitely helpful!

I hadn't thought of the air turbuence, but I'll keep that in mind!

Some of the footage in my latest video some of the footage is reversed.