Hi, thank you for adding me

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

S

singy64

Mar 26, 2023
Edit my images
Yes
Looking forward to being a member of the forum. I am relatively new to photography having only had my camera for 2 years. I'm lucky to live on the beautiful Isle of Anglesey in North Wales. Here we have access to land and seascapes plus the fantastic Snowdonia range. Here is my attempt at the Ogwen Roman Bridge at the foot of mountains, camera Fuji XT30 with XF18-55 lens.Forum.jpg Would love your critique as I am new to light room, and this is my first edit.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello! Welcome to this forum.
I like the composition of this image. There is a good exposure, the light is nice. I also like the shutter speed which gives a nice movement to the river current. However, I don't like the colour of the water very much. I find it too blue.

S

singy64

Mar 26, 2023
Edit my images
Yes
Hello! Welcome to this forum.
I like the composition of this image. There is a good exposure, the light is nice. I also like the shutter speed which gives a nice movement to the river current. However, I don't like the colour of the water very much. I find it too blue.
Hi
Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you like the photo overall. I'm new to light room and still finding my way around. Do you know how I can reduce the colour in the water or change the colour ?

M

markmullen

Mar 14, 2023
Edit my images
No
Hi
Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you like the photo overall. I'm new to light room and still finding my way around. Do you know how I can reduce the colour in the water or change the colour ?

I have to agree with Morepx about the blueness but otherwise really like the image. As a beginner you've clearly grasped what some people take many years to, that photography is all about capturing light. Your composition is very good too, the little bit of land bottom right just frames up the image.

As a disclaimer I don't use Lightroom but I seem to remember you've got a HSL (hue, saturation and luminance) panel within the develop module, go to the saturation section and turn down the blues and cyans and I think you'll have an image to be proud of.

I hope you're not offended but I flashed a copy of Lightroom up, and without changing anything else did a bit of work with the HSL slider and got what I think is a very pleasing result. I also boosted the reds, orange and yellows a touch to bring out the foliage. Let me know if you'd rather I take this down.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 00.01.44.png

As an aside I come to Anglesey from time to time to train, I drive rescue boat in floods and at Four mile bridge, where the two bridges are close together, I think it's the A55 and the railway, when the tide changes it whistles through the bridges and gives us very fast moving water to train in, sometimes we even jump out of the boats and fly down in drysuits.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Great to you. Looking forward to seeing the other images.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello S singy64 . Welcome on board. Thanks for joining us, and looking forward to seeing more of your images. Share them on forums and they will appear to the Media page. If you have any questions regarding the forum, feel free to ask.