Location How far you travel

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

This topic is open to discuss the best locations for landscape photography or recommended locations based on member's geographical place.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
How far from home you travel to get some nice landscape images?

O

oscar118

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I live in Buenos Aires... and I like mountains a lot. I drive at least to Cordoba (700 km), but my favourite places are in the Andes, usually between 1400... 2000 km away. That is without leaving my country.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I live in Buenos Aires... and I like mountains a lot. I drive at least to Cordoba (700 km), but my favourite places are in the Andes, usually between 1400... 2000 km away. That is without leaving my country.
That's lots of miles away. I like Scotland, but I drove only once from London. Took me around 1000 miles.

How often you are travelling?

O

oscar118

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
To CĆ³rdoba (I have family there) 3.. 4 times a year. To the Andes maybe twice a year if I am lucky (and no Covid šŸ¤ž)

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
To CĆ³rdoba (I have family there) 3.. 4 times a year. To the Andes maybe twice a year if I am lucky (and no Covid šŸ¤ž)
And you have this as opportunity to take some nice landscape pictures?

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Hello from me!

I like to travel a lot and I like to do it as often as possible.
I choose my trips having in mind the time needed for reaching the destination. I do day trips with 2h 30m drive or more sometimes. Depending on the destination the km might be different each time.
Lets say that I do about 200km to go and 200 to return for a day trip.
And there are times that I do 600 to 700 and very rare 1000.
The good thing is that I can find nice locations that are 45' to 1h away from me. I have visited them so many times though that I prefer to travel further.
Generally I like traveling and 150 to 200km is something ordinary for me, even though I have nice locations nearer. I like the experience of having travelled away to get nice photos.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Oh my!
These are great distances!

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello from me!

I like to travel a lot and I like to do it as often as possible.
I choose my trips having in mind the time needed for reaching the destination. I do day trips with 2h 30m drive or more sometimes. Depending on the destination the km might be different each time.
Lets say that I do about 200km to go and 200 to return for a day trip.
And there are times that I do 600 to 700 and very rare 1000.
The good thing is that I can find nice locations that are 45' to 1h away from me. I have visited them so many times though that I prefer to travel further.
Generally I like traveling and 150 to 200km is something ordinary for me, even though I have nice locations nearer. I like the experience of having travelled away to get nice photos.
Seems you like driving a lot of miles. Do you plan your trip as well ? Like, what you want to shoot on the day, or you improvise most of the time?

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Seems you like driving a lot of miles. Do you plan your trip as well ? Like, what you want to shoot on the day, or you improvise most of the time?
Yes I do like travel a lot!
It is something that makes me feel that I enjoy life. I gain experiences, images to carry with me in life.

Yes I plan my travels a lot. I plan them by looking the map and carefully studying what is around. I also plan the time of travel. I prefer Sunrise and sunset for photo shooting and of course cloudy skies.

I like to travel completely alone with no company.
Traveling is so beautiful!

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes I do like travel a lot!
It is something that makes me feel that I enjoy life. I gain experiences, images to carry with me in life.

Yes I plan my travels a lot. I plan them by looking the map and carefully studying what is around. I also plan the time of travel. I prefer Sunrise and sunset for photo shooting and of course cloudy skies.

I like to travel completely alone with no company.
Traveling is so beautiful!

I do plan my trip the same, by looking on the maps, but as I have a drone, I'm checking if I can fly around the area as well.

And yes, driving is enjoyable, unless your job is driving 50h a week šŸ˜‚.

And you lucky to drive by yourself. I can't, my gf will beat me if I won't take her with me šŸ¤£

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I do plan my trip the same, by looking on the maps, but as I have a drone, I'm checking if I can fly around the area as well.

And yes, driving is enjoyable, unless your job is driving 50h a week šŸ˜‚.

And you lucky to drive by yourself. I can't, my gf will beat me if I won't take her with me šŸ¤£
It's good to make a plan before you go somewhere.

At least your gf likes travelling with you. There are peoe that don't like to travel and force their other half not to do so.... Pathetic.

I was grown up with a father who wanted each weekend to take us road trips so I'm used in seeing new things, traveling and living with this mentality. Plus that I want to live my life. Travel see ew places and have nice memories and experiences.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It's good to make a plan before you go somewhere.

At least your gf likes travelling with you. There are peoe that don't like to travel and force their other half not to do so.... Pathetic.

I was grown up with a father who wanted each weekend to take us road trips so I'm used in seeing new things, traveling and living with this mentality. Plus that I want to live my life. Travel see ew places and have nice memories and experiences.
Thatā€™s the right way to live, and escape daily routine. Sometimes I want changes in life. I think photography Is really useful for mental health, keeps you in a good shape.

I would love to travel and make money out of it :). Unfortunately, is not as easy as looks like.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thatā€™s the right way to live, and escape daily routine. Sometimes I want changes in life. I think photography Is really useful for mental health, keeps you in a good shape.

I would love to travel and make money out of it :). Unfortunately, is not as easy as looks like.
I absolutely agree with you!
Photography is great for my mental health also. With music of course. I wish I could do what you said, as well.
Travelling and making money out of it would be great....

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I absolutely agree with you!
Photography is great for my mental health also. With music of course. I wish I could do what you said, as well.
Travelling and making money out of it would be great....

Thatā€™s everyoneā€™s dream. To make money while travelling. But if you have a job from home, thatā€™s manageable. As long as you have connection. :D

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thatā€™s everyoneā€™s dream. To make money while travelling. But if you have a job from home, thatā€™s manageable. As long as you have connection. :D
The best thing is to do what you love.

When I was young I wanted to be a photographer but my father didn't let me. He was telling me that it was a job with no money... Anyway....
I now have a good job which I love but photography was, is and will be my deepest passion!

But you are right. Connections are important. They help things to go better and faster.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The best thing is to do what you love.

When I was young I wanted to be a photographer but my father didn't let me. He was telling me that it was a job with no money... Anyway....
I now have a good job which I love but photography was, is and will be my deepest passion!

But you are right. Connections are important. They help things to go better and faster.

Your father was right, it is a job with no money, what he was wrong, is that is not a job(in some circumstances) , is a hobby with passion, freedom to happiness.

And could lead to passive income as well. :)

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Your father was right, it is a job with no money, what he was wrong, is that is not a job(in some circumstances) , is a hobby with passion, freedom to happiness.

And could lead to passive income as well. :)
I think you are right. If it was my profession I would have to do whatever I was told or asked to. So I think it is better this way.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I think you are right. If it was my profession I would have to do whatever I was told or asked to. So I think it is better this way.
That's really true. If photography was a full time job, you'd probably hate it šŸ˜….

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
That's really true. If photography was a full time job, you'd probably hate it šŸ˜….
Yeah! šŸ˜…

I've thought about it many times. Especially if you are dictated to do things then you become frustrated.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yeah! šŸ˜…

I've thought about it many times. Especially if you are dictated to do things then you become frustrated.

I know what you mean. I've done weddings and events photography, and sometimes you can get upset. When people are telling you where and what to take pictures of.