General How you deal with current inflation?

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I know we are facing a global inflation, would be interested to talk about it. How much prices in your country has increased? Here in the UK, seems everything is getting more expensive, especially food.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
That's a tough situation Jack!
Basically all goods have gone up like crazy. The worst part is electricity. It is more than double up. The same with goods.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
That's a tough situation Jack!
Basically all goods have gone up like crazy. The worst part is electricity. It is more than double up. The same with goods.

The energy is expensive here as well. Everything went up apart from wages :D

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
The energy is expensive here as well. Everything went up apart from wages :D
The starting salary in Greece or 'basic salary' as we say here is around 670€ net. It is lower than the year 2000. Back then it was 700€ and we used to call the young people of that time the generation of 700€ because the salary was low. It has been 23 years since then and the basic salary is lower now.
The energy cost is outrageous here. This month I had the final clearing account for the 4 month period. It was 236 euros. It was normaly 500 euros but the goverment funds the electricity cost of people at about the half and a bit more. Depending of course on some criteria. I live alone and my apartment is small. The cost is unjustified. No discussion about fuel. Gasoline is around 1,90 to 2,00 euros and diesel around 1,70.
Prices of goods are another story....

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The starting salary in Greece or 'basic salary' as we say here is around 670€ net. It is lower than the year 2000. Back then it was 700€ and we used to call the young people of that time the generation of 700€ because the salary was low. It has been 23 years since then and the basic salary is lower now.
The energy cost is outrageous here. This month I had the final clearing account for the 4 month period. It was 236 euros. It was normaly 500 euros but the goverment funds the electricity cost of people at about the half and a bit more. Depending of course on some criteria. I live alone and my apartment is small. The cost is unjustified. No discussion about fuel. Gasoline is around 1,90 to 2,00 euros and diesel around 1,70.
Prices of goods are another story....

I'm very surprised about the salary in Greece. Here in UK is average salary is £1500/m, however the rent is really expensive, then you have to pay council tax, bills, car insurance and energy as well which isn't cheap, we only get £67 as a government support, but still not enough.

Me and my girlfriend trying not to use lot of energy, but to be honest after all spendings for bills, we end up with nothing. So basically working to survive now.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I'm very surprised about the salary in Greece. Here in UK is average salary is £1500/m, however the rent is really expensive, then you have to pay council tax, bills, car insurance and energy as well which isn't cheap, we only get £67 as a government support, but still not enough.

Me and my girlfriend trying not to use lot of energy, but to be honest after all spendings for bills, we end up with nothing. So basically working to survive now.
I think it is the same everywhere. Rent was normal about 4 years ago. No prices are insane. At least for our country.

The average salary in Greece is higher than the 'basic' but it is of the lowest in europe. If someone is paid 1500€ it is considered a good salary but in objective reality it isn't that good...

The rents for a 70 square meter house is around 500€ in an area which is for working class people. Now if you add electrisity, and water bills the cost rises to 650 to 700€. Now imagine a young couple living together and being paid each 700€. The will be strugling if you add cost for food personal needs and transportation to work cost....

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I think it is the same everywhere. Rent was normal about 4 years ago. No prices are insane. At least for our country.

The average salary in Greece is higher than the 'basic' but it is of the lowest in europe. If someone is paid 1500€ it is considered a good salary but in objective reality it isn't that good...

The rents for a 70 square meter house is around 500€ in an area which is for working class people. Now if you add electrisity, and water bills the cost rises to 650 to 700€. Now imagine a young couple living together and being paid each 700€. The will be strugling if you add cost for food personal needs and transportation to work cost....

I do agree, living cost is high everywhere. Me and my girlfriend can't save anything right now. Basically paying bills to survive and maybe weekend going out somewhere, or driving to Nice places.

I must say that I'm lucky a bit, I don't drink and don't smoke, so that's a bit of savings.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

This is insane!
I don’t know how people can have a normal life with this salary. Two jobs ? Three !?!
In Switzerland, the cost of life is very high. The end of the month is difficult if you earn less than 4000 € per month.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I don’t know how people can have a normal life with this salary. Two jobs ? Three !?!
Most people here in the UK, has 2 jobs, but even that, at the second job you pay more tax.

In Switzerland, the cost of life is very high. The end of the month is difficult if you earn less than 4000 € per month.

I was aware that Switzerland was expensive, but not as that much.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
As Jack Jack said, it sure that in a couple both must work and many times they do 2 jobs to get around. I have colleagues where I work who do 2 jobs.

As about Switzerland I now that cost of life is high. I've been once but it was more than 2 decades ago.
Generally I've been in some European countries and it is everywhere the same. People are struggling to make their living and it is unethical for those who govern us to have us in a state where we say ' I do not drink, I do not go out etc'. It is a same for all of us and especially for young people, not to have the opportunity to create something for them and theirs future family...

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
As Jack Jack said, it sure that in a couple both must work and many times they do 2 jobs to get around. I have colleagues where I work who do 2 jobs.

As about Switzerland I now that cost of life is high. I've been once but it was more than 2 decades ago.
Generally I've been in some European countries and it is everywhere the same. People are struggling to make their living and it is unethical for those who govern us to have us in a state where we say ' I do not drink, I do not go out etc'. It is a same for all of us and especially for young people, not to have the opportunity to create something for them and theirs future family...

Unfortunately that's the sad reality, there's nothing much we can do about it. Me and my girlfriend moved out from London because the rent price is really insane, we've paid around £1500 a month for just studio flat with all bills.

I don't think the situation will change anytime soon.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
We have been looking at ways to get bills down now. We don't have mobiles, well only ones for emergencies, they are phones without all the bells and whistles. We have removed our telephone line rental, which is astronomical now! We have though bought special phones that work on this internet system and the number is a landline one, we pay now £13 a month with no extra costs. You can phone a mobile without any further costs, and you can speak for as long as you like, same with landline phones. Although, most of you now rely on mobiles, I am guessing. We have reduced our heating down to 16c instead of 18c. We have a multi fuel stove, so coal and wood gets burnt quite a lot. As we have always scavenged for wood, it is always free heat. And a lot more jumpers makes us quite happy. To be honest, we are used to a colder house than most, and its healthier too. We never had the covid virus, and we don't suffer from colds and flue. We keep being told how fit we both are. Not sure about that, but colds and flue hasn't hit us for years. We never have flue jabs or those awful covid jabs either!
Its tuff out there for everyone now. We need a different world, one where we are not manipulated as we all are by the industrial complex. If you dig a little into how the governments work, you will see how big companies actually own them.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If you dig a little into how the governments work, you will see how big companies actually own them
I'm thinking that all this energy prices, is just passing the wealth to them, is nothing to do with global politics.

I'm trying to cut down my bills too, however there's some bills you can't reduce, like phone bills, car insurance, fuel, food, energy, council tax, and others.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I'm thinking that all this energy prices, is just passing the wealth to them, is nothing to do with global politics.

I'm trying to cut down my bills too, however there's some bills you can't reduce, like phone bills, car insurance, fuel, food, energy, council tax, and others.
Yes Jack. I agree with you! It's quite obvious I think.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
The funny thing is, when you are lowering down some bills, others will rise :D
And another funny is that if a month the bills are low something unexpected will appear and it will add to the cost.
I wish someday things will become better. At least for our kids.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
And another funny is that if a month the bills are low something unexpected will appear and it will add to the cost.
I wish someday things will become better. At least for our kids.
I really hope so, but I don't think it will become any better soon. I was talking to my girlfriend an other day about that life was better years ago. Not sure if this applies to all countries.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Jack try looking at the internet phone system I mentioned. klowdfone No line rental attached and phone mobiles without being penalised