I am fairly new to photography so be gentle with me on any comments.

• Thread starter Michael Townsend
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum, nothing to worry about on harsh comments here to be fair, most people are very kind and offer great advice.
Your image is lovely to start of with, nice composition, colours and great depth in it.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Welcome. As others have said, we offer advice to those who want to expand on their creativity. The most important thing is, not to get too hung up about things, just enjoy the craft/art of photography. And like any art form, its subjective. Like your photo.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi M Michael Townsend . Welcome on board. That's a beautiful photo there, please share more and feel free to get engaged in comments and posting.

If you have any questions regarding the forum. Please do ask.

M

markmullen

Mar 14, 2023
Edit my images
No
It's beautiful light, and for me the composition is nearly there, I think I'd have tried to get the bottom of the tree in shot, with a bit of room ideally, to make it a foreground interest rather than obscuring the crepuscular rays. Maybe getting down low would have allowed you to get the whole tree in, or maybe you'd have had to abseil into death to get that angle, I don't know, but those would be my recommendations to make an already good shot even better. It's a cracking shot for a beginner so keep up the good work.