General I guess this landscape of Lancaster bombers is an off topic?

• Thread starter lightmuncher
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General off topic discussion.
lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
A few years ago the Canadian Lancaster from WW2 flew over to join the only other flying Lanc in the UK. The only flying Lanc is stationed at Coningsby RAF base. A friend who did the tours of this amazing WW2 museum got us in and allowed us to walk around the area. Whereas the public had to remain behind the barriers. Which is why I had amazing photos of the aircraft. There are other WW2 aircraft there to. If you get a chance to see it, go. Until I went there I had no idea how many different Spitfires they built. They have one with the tips of the wings are chopped of. Apparently over 25000 feet this design flew better. Images of the Lanc and the Hurricane last of all.

Two Lancasters British and Canadian-2.jpg
The Majestic Lancaster.jpg
Top gun turret Lancaster Bomber.jpg

Pilot on the wing of the Lancaster.jpg

Lancaster Bomber re-fueling.jpg

Hurricane being pushed into the hanger.jpg

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Great shots, I love old aircraft as they have so much character.
The old Lancasters are fabulous, and the shot with the pilot on the wing is a cracker.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Great shots, I love old aircraft as they have so much character.
The old Lancasters are fabulous, and the shot with the pilot on the wing is a cracker.
Thank you Andy. Its one I like, the second image I love and I am going t o enlarge it to A3 or bigger and have it framed. Well, mounted anyway.