Photography I'm lazy

• Thread starter Morexp57
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I find it very hard to use all the equipment I carry when I go on photographic outings.

I carry a 24 - 200 mm lens which is mounted on my camera by default. There are usually two other lenses in my bag. A 14 - 30 mm and a 105 mm macro lens or, more rarely, a 50 mm. I also carry a polarising filter and a tripod.

Well, I've noticed that over the last 5 photo walks, I've valiantly carried my bag but I've never changed lenses, used the tripod or the polarising filter...

I find it extremely difficult to open my bag to change lenses. Maybe it's the fear of dropping equipment or the fear of dusting my sensor or the stress of the moment when the light is changing and I risk missing the right light?

So, here goes... Most of the time I carry a fairly heavy bag for nothing.

I think that on my next trip, I'll just take my camera with a lens other than the one I use all the time (the 24 - 200 mm) to force myself and get used to using the other lenses I have.

But what about you? Do you also have trouble getting your gear out?

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi Morexp57 Morexp57

I have been really busy lately, didn't had much time to post anything on my forums. At the moment trying to finish an e commerce site and started my YouTube channel .

Anyway, back to you topic. I'm in the same place, sometimes I find myself carrying everything with me, and at the end using only 1 lens and one camera. I don't think it's laziness, probably there is no need to change the lens?

I got 2 drones, but most of the time I'm using only 1 . What I can say from my experience, you can have all equipment from the world, but you will never find time to enjoy them all sadly.

I have recently purchased a new action camera Insta360 x3, I like it, but I'm not using it now due of lack of time.

I think it's very important to know in advance where you go and what are you planning to shoot.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
When I go out I only attach one lens to the camera and do not take others with me. I sometimes pick a lens I haven't used for a while and attach that before i leave the house, then I know I am stuck with only 1 lens and it alters the way I approach shots, makes me think more and I do believe it improves my images because I have to think more about how to approach the shot I want.
I used to worry I would miss spectacular shots because maybe I didn't have the long lens or wide angle with me, but over time I stopped worrying about what I didn't have with me and focused on what I could do with what I had.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
When I go out I only attach one lens to the camera and do not take others with me. I sometimes pick a lens I haven't used for a while and attach that before i leave the house, then I know I am stuck with only 1 lens and it alters the way I approach shots, makes me think more and I do believe it improves my images because I have to think more about how to approach the shot I want.
I used to worry I would miss spectacular shots because maybe I didn't have the long lens or wide angle with me, but over time I stopped worrying about what I didn't have with me and focused on what I could do with what I had.

That's actually good strategy Andy Smith Andy Smith . Never thought about that. I usually take my whole thing and ending up using only one lens.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes, I think that's the right attitude to have. And yes, sometimes you have to force yourself to be more creative by using unusual equipment.