Photography Is a smartphone enough for photography?

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.

Would you consider the smartphone to be enough for photography?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
With current technologies and modern phones, do you think having the latest phone is enough for photography? Would you ever consider selling your kit and buying the most expensive phone to take images? Taking in consideration that you won't need to carry around all the heavy lenses with you.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I think a good phone is ok for photography, and I have seen some very good, creative images from phones, but for me I prefer the flexibility and capabilities of a good camera and lens set up.
I would find it challenging to use a phone for photography because of the lighting, adaptability of using different apertures / shutter speeds and long exposures.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I think a good phone is ok for photography, and I have seen some very good, creative images from phones, but for me I prefer the flexibility and capabilities of a good camera and lens set up.
I would find it challenging to use a phone for photography because of the lighting, adaptability of using different apertures / shutter speeds and long exposures.

Agree with you. You get better quality in terms of lens, and the body cameras has a better capability in low light. However, if you check some of new phones, they have Pro mode where you can play with ISO, shutter speed and aperture. My girlfriend has Huawei P40 Pro and very impressed with image quality. Makes me think that my 7d M2 is not as good as her phone. šŸ˜…

But, when comes to lens, you have better quality.

I saw you can attach lenses to the phones, was wondering what's the quality šŸ¤”