Photography Is your lens or camera discontinued?

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.

Is any of your lenses or cameras discontinued by the company?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

• Don't know

• Total voters
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yesterday I wanted to check some of my equipment on Canon website and I was surprised that most of equipment I have is discontinued by Canon.

So I have:

Canon 7D M2 discontinued
Canon EF 70-300mm L version
Speedlite 600X RT

So sad about that. As I was looking to purchase an extra battery for my camera, and sadly these are out of stock.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Well almost all my gear is discontinued but I do not care at all. Only the D850 is still available but I think it must be the last stock.
All my other cameras are all discontinued.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Well almost all my gear is discontinued but I do not care at all. Only the D850 is still available but I think it must be the last stock.
All my other cameras are all discontinued.
Do you worry about that?

I personally thinking maybe I should sell all my discontinued equipment.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Do you worry about that?

If you like taking pictures with the equipment you have, don't sell it. If you don't feel limited by the equipment you have, don't sell it.
In my opinion, the fact that the equipment you use is no longer available as new equipment is not a sufficient argument to sell.
Now, if you want to have new equipment, that's another story... šŸ˜‰

H

Hal M

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yesterday I wanted to check some of my equipment on Canon website and I was surprised that most of equipment I have is discontinued by Canon.

So I have:

Canon 7D M2 discontinued
Canon EF 70-300mm L version
Speedlite 600X RT

So sad about that. As I was looking to purchase an extra battery for my camera, and sadly these are out of stock.
Iā€™m sure there are aftermarket batteries available for it. Check B&H Photo

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Do you worry about that?

No not at all.

I'm absolutely happy with my gear and I do not worry at all. I do not need anything more than what my capabilities of my gear offer in technical and technological level.

Mirrorless vs DSLR technologies are a nonsense to me. Each photographer must choose his/hers tool according to what he does / photographs and his/hers needs in technology and not buying according to what camera has the X specs.

And I will dare to tell a truth even for me.
I own various full frame bodies and some are expensive. But when I go out to photograph even my D610 is more than enough to what I need in terms of Image Quality and Performance.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If you like taking pictures with the equipment you have, don't sell it. If you don't feel limited by the equipment you have, don't sell it.
In my opinion, the fact that the equipment you use is no longer available as new equipment is not a sufficient argument to sell.

I'm happy with happy with my equipment. But I was started to worry that my equipment is discontinued and was thinking maybe I should upgrade it.

Now, if you want to have new equipment, that's another story... šŸ˜‰

I have no reason to get new equipment, maybe new camera in the future, but nothing else.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Iā€™m sure there are aftermarket batteries available for it. Check B&H Photo

I checked on Amazon, found some cheaper one there. Probably made in China :D

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
No not at all.

I'm absolutely happy with my gear and I do not worry at all. I do not need anything more than what my capabilities of my gear offer in technical and technological level.

Mirrorless vs DSLR technologies are a nonsense to me. Each photographer must choose his/hers tool according to what he does / photographs and his/hers needs in technology and not buying according to what camera has the X specs.

And I will dare to tell a truth even for me.
I own various full frame bodies and some are expensive. But when I go out to photograph even my D610 is more than enough to what I need in terms of Image Quality and Performance.

Thanks panos_adgr panos_adgr . I was thinking because some of my equipment is discontinued, probably they lost value. I'm still happy with what I have, as everything I own, I purchased brand new.

I mirrorless camera is something I would upgrade when my 7D M2 will die :D

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thanks panos_adgr panos_adgr . I was thinking because some of my equipment is discontinued, probably they lost value. I'm still happy with what I have, as everything I own, I purchased brand new.

I mirrorless camera is something I would upgrade when my 7D M2 will die :D
Same for me.
I will upgrade when my DSLRs will be worn out. Well at least that's how I think now. šŸ˜„šŸ˜‹šŸ˜Ž

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Same for me.
I will upgrade when my DSLRs will be worn out. Well at least that's how I think now. šŸ˜„šŸ˜‹šŸ˜Ž

Do you know the shutter count of your camera? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Do you know the shutter count of your camera? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…
Yes. I know the shutter counts for all my cameras. It's easy to know it.

One boby is brand new 0 clicks.
I have also another new body with less than 500 clicks.
One with 16.000
One with 18.000
And one with 21.500

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes. I know the shutter counts for all my cameras. It's easy to know it.

One boby is brand new 0 clicks.
I have also another new body with less than 500 clicks.
One with 16.000
One with 18.000
And one with 21.500

You have 5 camera bodies?

To be honest, I can't remember my shutter count on my 7d M2, but is definitely something 50k.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
You have 5 camera bodies?

To be honest, I can't remember my shutter count on my 7d M2, but is definitely something 50k.
Yes I have. I love them all! šŸ„°šŸ˜šŸ˜…

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
That's a lot of cameras. Probably you could have extra 3 lenses instead šŸ˜…
Yes I have a few lenses as well.
My basic lenses are a wide angle 15-30mm a 24-85mm and a 50mm. I have also some other lenses but for more special things. I have quite a few 50mm lenses that are vintage and a few others like 85mm etc.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes I have a few lenses as well.
My basic lenses are a wide angle 15-30mm a 24-85mm and a 50mm. I have also some other lenses but for more special things. I have quite a few 50mm lenses that are vintage and a few others like 85mm etc.
Probably I could own more lenses if I weren't buying 2 drones now šŸ˜….

I'm planning to get 100-400mm and after probably upgrading to mirror less camera, it will take a year or two to achieve this. Unless I will win lottery (but I don't play) šŸ˜‚

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Probably I could own more lenses if I weren't buying 2 drones now šŸ˜….

I'm planning to get 100-400mm and after probably upgrading to mirror less camera, it will take a year or two to achieve this. Unless I will win lottery (but I don't play) šŸ˜‚
My next goal it is also to add a good tele zoom in my collection. A 200-500mm or an 150-600mm would be great. I wish for it, because the economics are getting harder day by day.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
My next goal it is also to add a good tele zoom in my collection. A 200-500mm or an 150-600mm would be great. I wish for it, because the economics are getting harder day by day.

Have you looked at the Sigma 150-600, the price isn't that expensive. Personally I would like to get a telephoto lens too, like Canon 100-400, but here in the UK the lens cost around Ā£2.200, insane price.