Photo editing Luminar Neo

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

This topic is opened to chat about photo editing softwares.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello everyone. Has anyone tried this new software Luminar Neo ?

I’ve looked on YouTube and does have some good features and options for landscape photography.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I used the original Luminar software for a very short while, but could not get on with it as it seemed to take away all my creativity and just want me to use mainly presets.
I haven't tried Neo but am not really interested as it doesn't do anything I need outside of lightroom, photoshop and ON1 plug ins I use (Resize and NoNoise).

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I used the original Luminar software for a very short while, but could not get on with it as it seemed to take away all my creativity and just want me to use mainly presets.
I haven't tried Neo but am not really interested as it doesn't do anything I need outside of lightroom, photoshop and ON1 plug ins I use (Resize and NoNoise).

I think this new soft has some nice features for Portrait photography.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I think this new soft has some nice features for Portrait photography.
I like to edit the photos myself Jack, rather than rely on AI to do the work.
I also don't think Neo has anything ground breaking in the portrait department, well not anything I can't achieve in PS with a little work and I enjoy editing images in post, so it's not for me.
I can imagine someone who has hundreds of images to edit like wedding photos and such like may find some of the features useful, but its not really interesting for me.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I like to edit the photos myself Jack, rather than rely on AI to do the work.
I also don't think Neo has anything ground breaking in the portrait department, well not anything I can't achieve in PS with a little work and I enjoy editing images in post, so it's not for me.
I can imagine someone who has hundreds of images to edit like wedding photos and such like may find some of the features useful, but its not really interesting for me.

Apologies for the late reply Andy Smith Andy Smith .

Agree, I still use Lightroom for every editing I do. Honestly I don't like bulk retouching, I like to go through each individual photo to edit.

I have tried Portrait Pro software, and honestly that's the best software I ever used for portrait editing. I know you can achieve same results in photoshop, but then you can save lots of time working in Portrait Pro.