Critique wanted Milky Way in NE Thailand

• Thread starter Andy Smith
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Camera type
Mirrorless camera
Camera sensor
Full-frame
The view over the village in Roi Et, from last night in North Eastern Thailand.
Not the best conditions as the village has installed street lights everywhere so it was a battle in post to combat the light pollution.

Canon R5, EF16-35mm f/2.8L III, IOptron Sky Guider Pro
Sky = f/3.5, ISO 640, 90 secs
Ground = f/3.5, ISO 640, 8 secs
MW Front_02_2048.jpg

Nasty Snapper

Nasty Snapper

Jun 5, 2022
Edit my images
No
That's a fantastic shot Andy. I'm going to try my hand at stacking 3 sec exp. when I'm at yellowstone next month. If that doesn't turns out might have to invest in a star tracker!

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
The view over the village in Roi Et, from last night in North Eastern Thailand.
Not the best conditions as the village has installed street lights everywhere so it was a battle in post to combat the light pollution.

Canon R5, EF16-35mm f/2.8L III, IOptron Sky Guider Pro
Sky = f/3.5, ISO 640, 90 secs
Ground = f/3.5, ISO 640, 8 secs
View attachment 630
Wonderful! It reminds me of the few nights I spent on a small Greek island in the 80s, no light pollution!

P

Peter Korevaar

Jun 19, 2022
Edit my images
No
Nice shot, but try to avoid trees when there is some wind. Try to do only a temple with the stars.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Nice shot, but try to avoid trees when there is some wind. Try to do only a temple with the stars.
Thanks Peter, I actually don't mind the windy trees sometimes but not always. Unfortunately this was the first clear night we have had here for a couple of months, so I didn't go out to shoot, just shot from my front balcony to get familiar with the gear again. I do plan on a few temple shots soon though, but it can be dodgy as they usually have a few dogs roaming around them at night time and they can be nasty when it is dark.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Really beautiful photo Andy Smith Andy Smith , but personally I don't like cropped images or square frames. Have you cropped the photo intentionally to remove some subjects?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Really beautiful photo Andy Smith Andy Smith , but personally I don't like cropped images or square frames. Have you cropped the photo intentionally to remove some subjects?
Thanks Jack, it was cropped this way due to one of the posts from my balcony on the right showing in the original and a horrible street light on the left was just too darn ugly to leave in.

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Thanks Jack, it was cropped this way due to one of the posts from my balcony on the right showing in the original and a horrible street light on the left was just too darn ugly to leave in.

Alright, then makes sense. Still beautiful photo, even if it's square framed.