Critique wanted Nice place near Seaford

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
EXIF
Canon 7D M2
Canon EF 70-200 II L IS
ISO 160
F/6.3
1/320 Sec
70mm
I had a trip to very small town located by the sea called Seaford. I was in love with stunning places there. Worth visiting !

599A7388-min.jpg

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
A nice place indeed jack. The cliffs are amazing.
I find your image is slightly let down by the foreground being a bit underwhelming compared to those cliffs.
The bench is great, and in my opinion could have been used as a wonderful foreground subject, to lead the eye across to the cliffs, but it needs to be closer to the front of the frame. Or the fence line on the left could have been used as a great foreground subject also, leading the eyes to the distant cliffs.
The sky is nice, the ocean is nice, the cliffs are great, the people walking around are nice, the lighthouse is a nice horizon break that catches the eye, I just find the large expanse of empty grass in the foreground to be lacking interest a bit.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
A nice place indeed jack. The cliffs are amazing.
I find your image is slightly let down by the foreground being a bit underwhelming compared to those cliffs.
The bench is great, and in my opinion could have been used as a wonderful foreground subject, to lead the eye across to the cliffs, but it needs to be closer to the front of the frame. Or the fence line on the left could have been used as a great foreground subject also, leading the eyes to the distant cliffs.
The sky is nice, the ocean is nice, the cliffs are great, the people walking around are nice, the lighthouse is a nice horizon break that catches the eye, I just find the large expanse of empty grass in the foreground to be lacking interest a bit.

I have other images taken from this spot. I think with a bench it give unique composition. After your message, I think you right, I have in the frame too much ground and grass.

I will check other pictures and can upload here again.