Websites Photo Ephemeris software

• Thread starter lightmuncher
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

A personal website is as much important as photography quality, as this showcase more wider the photographic style and experience.
lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Some while ago I used to use a free software that would show me times and position of the sun, when its sunrise or sunset. That isn't around any more, but I have seen another software that has two levels, free and pro. It does more than what I had used before. Has or does anyone use this type of app? The reason I am looking is that I want to assess where the sun will set and at what time. Which means I have the knowledge set up before I get there. Which is, to me, helpful in where I need to position myself taking advantage of the golden hour.
https://photoephemeris.com/

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I have heard before of this software. Basically it is one of the best choices from what I've heard and known. I haven't used it though.
The first time I was looking for a software I was looking for this specific but I cannot recall why I didn't give it some time at all....
Anyway, I mostly use smartphone applications for the sunrise - sunset location. I use many apps by the way. I have one for the sun location (sun locator) one for the stars (stellarium) and a couple for the weather mostly to be inform about cloud coverage and cloud hight (for sunset and sunrise color).

You can find many apps to locate sun. I find it more handy to have it on my smartphone.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
D45AB3A7-1AF2-4EED-A6E7-6A9427D6D030.jpeg
I use this app from time to time. I paid a few francs for it, I don't remember how much, but it wasn't expensive. It allows you to see sunrises, moonrises and the Milky Way, as well as the illumination of any part of the planet, on any day at any time.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I use PhotoPills on my phone, it gives me everything I need from golden hour/blue hour/nautical twilight/astronomical twilight times, milky way core visibility times, moon rise & moon set times, ND filter calculator and augmented reality overlay for night shot planning.
I also use a simpler App called Magic Hour, which just gives magic hour times for your location.

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Seems everyone has mobile phones. I have an emergency phone with big buttons, and it's there for emergencies. I tell everyone I don't have one, as it's tucked away in my motorcycle jacket. That reminds me, must get that machine out, it's been stuck in the garage for too long.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Seems everyone has mobile phones. I have an emergency phone with big buttons, and it's there for emergencies. I tell everyone I don't have one, as it's tucked away in my motorcycle jacket. That reminds me, must get that machine out, it's been stuck in the garage for too long.
i believe you can run Photopills on a desktop also if needed:

lightmuncher

lightmuncher

Dec 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Funny enough I have been assessing all the apps others have mentioned to see if they do work on desktops and my old android tablet. Thanks for the info.