Photography Photo signature

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.

Do you use signature on your photos?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I just was wondering how many of you are using signature on images? Does is show that you are a professional photographer or amateur?

Personally I don't put any signature on images, can't be bothered to be honest.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I use a signature on most images, but not to show I am a pro or amateur it is more for brand recognition for me to be honest.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I use a signature on most images, but not to show I am a pro or amateur it is more for brand recognition for me to be honest.

Do you add the signature in Lightroom or photoshop ?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Do you add the signature in Lightroom or photoshop ?
I have the same signature set up for both softwares so it is easy to add in either photoshop or Lightroom, and get the same result.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I have the same signature set up for both softwares so it is easy to add in either photoshop or Lightroom, and get the same result.

The reason why I'm not adding the signature is because once is added I won't be able to remove it. As I don't keep the raw file on my laptop.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
The reason why I'm not adding the signature is because once is added I won't be able to remove it. As I don't keep the raw file on my laptop.
Fair enough Jack, it is a personal preference.
I only add my signature to images I post online and I also save my files to my hard drive without a signature.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Fair enough Jack, it is a personal preference.
I only add my signature to images I post online and I also save my files to my hard drive without a signature.
So you export the images twice? 1 time with signature and second time without.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
So you export the images twice? 1 time with signature and second time without.
If I am posting the image online yes I export it twice.
Once with signature, crop and resolution for the platform I am posting to and second to a full sized TIFF without signature for my own library on my hard drive so I have a copy for future.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
If I am posting the image online yes I export it twice.
Once with signature, crop and resolution for the platform I am posting to and second to a full sized TIFF without signature for my own library on my hard drive so I have a copy for future.

Thanks, I should start to do the same I guess. The way you do makes sense. I got 2 personal websites which I should create own signatures for each of them.

Have you made your own signature in Photoshop?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Thanks, I should start to do the same I guess. The way you do makes sense. I got 2 personal websites which I should create own signatures for each of them.

Have you made your own signature in Photoshop?
Yes I made my own, but I actually did it in Affinity Designer and imported into photoshop & lightroom as a PNG file.

P

Peter Korevaar

Jun 19, 2022
Edit my images
No
It often gives rise to some discussion. I have a signature in it because it is a bit of recognition to show that it is my photo. And I like it myself. Yes, you can just wipe it off if someone wants to steal the photo. Sometimes I post a photo and get a response about my signature but nothing about the photo itself. I never quite understand that... But well, let everyone be free to do what they want to do. Signed or not, both good

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes I made my own, but I actually did it in Affinity Designer and imported into photoshop & lightroom as a PNG file.

Why you choose Affinity software? Is that easier?

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
It often gives rise to some discussion. I have a signature in it because it is a bit of recognition to show that it is my photo. And I like it myself. Yes, you can just wipe it off if someone wants to steal the photo. Sometimes I post a photo and get a response about my signature but nothing about the photo itself. I never quite understand that... But well, let everyone be free to do what they want to do. Signed or not, both good

I can't see the reason why someone would want to steal your photo?

😂 Maybe because they liked your signature more than your photo

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Why you choose Affinity software? Is that easier?
I wanted my signature as a vector graphic file and I find working on something like a signature to be more straightforward in a software that is purpose built for vector graphics editing. I chose to use Affinity Designer because I don't have Adobe Illustrator.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I wanted my signature as a vector graphic file and I find working on something like a signature to be more straightforward in a software that is purpose built for vector graphics editing. I chose to use Affinity Designer because I don't have Adobe Illustrator.

Is that easier to make signature in Affinity ? I know you can make some simple png signatures on Photoshop as well.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Is that easier to make signature in Affinity ? I know you can make some simple png signatures on Photoshop as well.
I wanted it as a vector graphic which you cannot do in Photoshop.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Its on all my images Jack
Just seen it. Your signature is very small, and I usually don’t pay much attention at the signature. I like it. Very simple and on the niche. Maybe you should make it bigger a bit, so other can see your name.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Just seen it. Your signature is very small, and I usually don’t pay much attention at the signature. I like it. Very simple and on the niche. Maybe you should make it bigger a bit, so other can see your name.
Thanks Jack, I set the size to 10% of the image size and I think it's ok and discreet, but will have a play around with larger sizes to see what it looks like.