Photography Photography items

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
How you dispose of your used cameras or other electronics? Do you put them/it in your bin or designed recycling places?

I believe this is an important topic as all electronics have elements which do hurt us and our environment..

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
How you dispose of your used cameras or other electronics? Do you put them/it in your bin or designed recycling places?

I believe this is an important topic as all electronics have elements which do hurt us and our environment..
Put them in the bin?! Never!

It's like batteries, you should never put them in the bin.

In Switzerland, we pay a tax on every piece of electrical or electronic equipment (advance recycling tax) which finances the disposal and final recycling. Thanks to this tax, we can simply take what we want to throw away to any shop that sells similar products and they are obliged to take back the waste and dispose of it according to the rules.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Put them in the bin?! Never!

It's like batteries, you should never put them in the bin.

In Switzerland, we pay a tax on every piece of electrical or electronic equipment (advance recycling tax) which finances the disposal and final recycling. Thanks to this tax, we can simply take what we want to throw away to any shop that sells similar products and they are obliged to take back the waste and dispose of it according to the rules.

In some countries people leave them on the road or they put them in the bin.

It's definitely not good for environment, it comes back to us anyway.

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

NataliaFlejszarPhoto

Staff member
May 18, 2022
Edit my images
Yes

In Finland is also good electronic recycling, so I have been never put them to the bin! In Poland also! Especially than electronic can be used again, especially batteries!

I try to live ecologically and take a care on environment!

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I usually donate old electronics to a local technical college, for the students to have something to play around with and strip for parts if needed.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I usually donate old electronics to a local technical college, for the students to have something to play around with and strip for parts if needed.

That's actually good idea. How often you are donating?

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
In Finland is also good electronic recycling, so I have been never put them to the bin! In Poland also! Especially than electronic can be used again, especially batteries!

I try to live ecologically and take a care on environment!

Not all batteries can be used again. I just checked my camera batteries and seems I might need new one soon, but sadly Canon doesn't produce them anymore.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
That's actually good idea. How often you are donating?
I donate as and when I have anything really, from old washing machines, tv remotes, broken calculators or anything really with a circuit board inside.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
I donate as and when I have anything really, from old washing machines, tv remotes, broken calculators or anything really with a circuit board inside.

Do they collect them, example heavy electronics, such a washinh machine?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Do they collect them, example heavy electronics, such a washinh machine?
They will if I ask them, but I just throw it in the back of the pick up and take it over to them.
Much easier for me, as it's on my way to town and I don't have to hang around the house all day waiting for them to come and pick things up.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
They will if I ask them, but I just throw it in the back of the pick up and take it over to them.
Much easier for me, as it's on my way to town and I don't have to hang around the house all day waiting for them to come and pick things up.
Fair enough. If it's on the way then why no.

I don't have anything that big for recycling. I don't think I have anything to give to recycling right now. Maybe, some camera batteries.