Opinion wanted Polichoros Lipasmaton / Multi - Space of Fertilizer Plant

• Thread starter panos_adgr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
Camera type
DSLR camera
EXIF
Nikon D850 Nikkor AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR @24mm Hoya Pro ND1000 (10 stop ND Filter) 9 long exposures of 30'' Electronic Shutter setting (SL1 Mode / Silent) Aperture: f/9.0 Shutter Speed: 30 seconds Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority Exposure Comp.: +1.3EV Metering: Matrix ISO Sensitivity: 64 Exposure tacking in Mean Mode
Polichoros Lipasmaton / Multi - Space of Fertilizer Plant

This is my favourite park which is situated 10 minutes away by car, from my home.
It was a deserted area where an industrial facility was hosted in the past. The fertilizer plant. It used to occupy lots of local people who worked there until 2 decades ago. It was also polluting the area but it was shut down.
After the end of 1990's and later when it stopped working the gipsies started to smuggle into the area and remove the Iron from the building for sale. The result is that after to decades the factory is in very bad condition like it is standing for more than 50 years....
4 years ago the local administration (Municipality) and after courts manage to 'take' the whole area and make it a park for the people.
Since then it has been through many nice changes and now it is full of people. In summer it is very popular and people come from many areas. It is such a huge area that is always spacious and a great place to relax.
The past 4 years I visit it systematically and I have photographed it through its changes and seasons. I have a very big archive which I sometime, must categorize it.
It has been for me an extremely valuable location in which I have the chance to photograph when I cannot travel for any reason and it has also been a great place for photographic practice and experimentation.

And here is a today's photo.

Untitled1_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Such a beautiful place panos_adgr panos_adgr . I thought that's somewhere in the forest. It's good to hear that has been taken care and cleaned. People nowadays don't pay to much attention to environment .

Edit: I've copied and put the EXIF on the right section :)

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
And for the sake of my description and information above I will post one photo of the abandoned fertilizer plant.
Such a beautiful place panos_adgr panos_adgr . I thought that's somewhere in the forest. It's good to hear that has been taken care and cleaned. People nowadays don't pay to much attention to environment .

Edit: I've copied and put the EXIF on the right section :)
Thank you Jack. I will do it this way from now on.

Yes fortunately we have an excellent mayor and the people who work in the park they take care of it!

I will post a photo of the Fertilizer Plant in a while.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
This is the Park from the middle to the right. View from the entrance of the port of Piraeus. You can see also the plant.

It was taken in 2018

Nikon D7200
Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR @55mm
s 1/80''
f/5.6
iso 100

42269679564_6af3bccdf4_b.jpg

And another one taken in 2019

Nikon D7200
Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR @28mm
s 8''
f/8.0
iso 100

47698226732_61dfd93fd5_o.jpg

C

Chavezshutter

Feb 4, 2022
I love the rocks in the first photo, they are a perfect foreground for the rest of scene, beautiful skies and the ships in the horizon are a nice touch. Great story about the park, its a pleasing change seeing a community cleaning up an area, we all need more of that nowdays. Thanks for sharing!!

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
This is the Park from the middle to the right. View from the entrance of the port of Piraeus. You can see also the plant.

It was taken in 2018

Nikon D7200
Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR @55mm
s 1/80''
f/5.6
iso 100

View attachment 90

And another one taken in 2019

Nikon D7200
Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR @28mm
s 8''
f/8.0
iso 100

View attachment 91
I love the first photo on this post. The sky looks on fire, while the second picture is more calmly.

Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Yes fortunately we have an excellent mayor and the people who work in the park they take care of it!
You lucky, it's rare to have good leaders, who takes care of others and the environment.

panos_adgr

panos_adgr

Feb 8, 2022
Edit my images
No
I love the first photo on this post. The sky looks on fire, while the second picture is more calmly.
Thanks Jack

The 2nd and 3rd are more indicative to show you the place.

Yes we are lucky. Our Mayor serves his second election for another 4 years. He has done many great things for our district. I hope he can serve a 3rd one...