Photography Price increase

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

General photography discussion.

Changes in price?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hello everyone.

I checked recently some lenses which I've purchased some years ago, and I've noticed the price difference. Seems the prices have been increased significantly unfortunately.

Has anyone noticed the same changes in price?

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Hi Jack,
I believe this is the case in most industries at the moment due to demand and logistical / manufacturing problems caused by the ongoing Covid challenge. Materials and chips are harder to get, and the logistics of actually getting goods to the stores has increased in price drastically.

Good you bought them already :)

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Hi Jack,
I believe this is the case in most industries at the moment due to demand and logistical / manufacturing problems caused by the ongoing Covid challenge. Materials and chips are harder to get, and the logistics of actually getting goods to the stores has increased in price drastically.

Good you bought them already :)

I was happy that I purchased some lenses. Especially the 24-70mm, checked online now is like £2100 brand new from Canon, that's insane price. Luckily, I bought it for £1400 brand new 😅

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I was happy that I purchased some lenses. Especially the 24-70mm, checked online now is like £2100 brand new from Canon, that's insane price. Luckily, I bought it for £1400 brand new 😅
it is a great lens, and one of my goto ones when I just want to grab my camera and go explore.

• Admin
Jack

Jack

Staff member
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
it is a great lens, and one of my goto ones when I just want to grab my camera and go explore.
It is a great lens, won't argue about that. But if you'd plan to but the lens now, seems pretty much at the same price as RF version.