Critique wanted Swiss Jungle 02

• Thread starter Morexp57
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Camera type
DSLR camera
Camera sensor
APS-C (Crop)
Swiss Jungle 02.jpg

Same time and location as Swiss Jungle 01.
This is the kind of photography I like to do. High dynamic range and the lighting effects through the leaves always make me dream.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
Nice concept MoreXP57, and I prefer this image to the 1st one as it seems there has been more thought put into the composition. It still seems rather busy and chaotic though and my eyes do not know where to look or what is the main focus point really. Scenes like this are challenging due to all the different foliage everywhere, but you should try to find an angle that looks clean or remove some of the unimportant branches out of the scene before you shoot.
Try to play with leading lines using some of the branches, leading the viewer into the image and towards the main subject. Different angles from above or below can help with this. sometimes it is good to lay down and get as close to ground level as possible for a nice composition and shot.
If you like to shoot the light effects through the leaves, maybe look at shooting from ground level upwards through the canopy.

Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Nice concept MoreXP57, and I prefer this image to the 1st one as it seems there has been more thought put into the composition. It still seems rather busy and chaotic though and my eyes do not know where to look or what is the main focus point really. Scenes like this are challenging due to all the different foliage everywhere, but you should try to find an angle that looks clean or remove some of the unimportant branches out of the scene before you shoot.
Try to play with leading lines using some of the branches, leading the viewer into the image and towards the main subject. Different angles from above or below can help with this. sometimes it is good to lay down and get as close to ground level as possible for a nice composition and shot.
If you like to shoot the light effects through the leaves, maybe look at shooting from ground level upwards through the canopy.
Thanks for your review Andy.
It's true that one of the biggest challenges with forest photography is to isolate the subject and make the intent obvious. Composition is often difficult. There's a reason I titled these Swiss Jungle photos 🙂.
I try not to impact the nature around me when I shoot so it's hard for me to remove branches or artificially alter the scene. But I will take your other tips into consideration on my next walks.