Opinion wanted The Race

• Thread starter Morexp57
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Welcome to Explorness!

Looking for a peaceful place to meet other photographers from all around the world ? Then join us for FREE!!!

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Morexp57

Morexp57

Feb 12, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Camera type
Mirrorless camera
Camera sensor
Full-frame
In this thread: https://explorness.com/threads/pulteney-bridge-in-bath-england-uk.938/
I say that I'm a lazy photographer because I carry around a rucksack containing various lenses and a tripod. And usually the bag doesn't leave my back while I just use the camera and lens in my hand.

Well, this morning I decided to go for a walk with just my camera and a 50 mm lens. I sometimes do this kind of exercise, even if it gives me a little anxiety before each trip. Once I'm out in nature, things generally go well and I rarely feel limited.
If you're also used to lugging around a lot of gear for nothing, I'd advise you to do this exercise from time to time. It really stimulates creativity.

What I like in the photo below is the impression of having managed to get a shot of a race of little beech trees chasing each other from right to left.
PLR_5122.jpg
ISO 8000, f/11.0, 1/80 s, 50 mm

Jack

Jack

Photo Shooter :)
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
1 1 1
Jan 29, 2022
Edit my images
Yes
Beautiful photo Morexp57 Morexp57

I must say that I always carry my bag with me as well. When I go out, I take everything I got, that's all my gear + 3 drones. My wife gets crazy šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Recently I purchased gopro to take some quick images, so I'm not carrying everything with me. Did some images, and was impressed.

I like the 50mm lens, is very light and if you have a small camera, is a combo.

Andy Smith

Andy Smith

Feb 10, 2022
Edit my images
No
I purposely only go out with my camera and one lens and no tripod, unless I am after a specific subject with lighting that needs a tripod.
The reason I only go out with one lens is that it makes me consider the subject I find and alter my approach accordingly to get the best shot.
sometimes i use my 70-200mm, sometimes i use my 100mm macro and other times i take only the 16mm wide angle.
It amazes me every time how much my idea of photography changes when I have only one lens to use, and how different i see the local environment when i know i only have a certain lens with me.